Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Depends on what you're into. There's a great downhill crowd there with Dry Hill just a little west of town. Dry Hill has some fun DH, some advanced DH, and some XC. Also a ways east you can ride the Lower Fork Dungeness/Gold Creek trails. Some prime XC that trail is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
learning area?

I suppose what I'm looking for is a good place to get a feel for a little bit of everything. Basically someplace not too tough but not a cake-walk either. I'm just starting but I am in pretty good shape so as long as it's not a multi mile climb I should be ok :p

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Well both of these areas have pretty good hills.... Dry Hill is pretty technical all things considered, it's a place for the most part that's meant for a bigger bike, while Dungeness can be a longer ride that can tax you if you're not in great shape. But i'd start at those places and just check em out and see if you like em. i'm in Seattle though so your best bet would be to eventually try a local bike shop in town and see if you can find the scoop on other things close to you that you might like better.

·
Registered
167 Posts
new 2 PA eh?

HurricaneRide said:
Anybody from or ridden the Port Angeles area, I'm new to the sport and lookin for some good places to ride, and maybe some people to ride with.
Dry hill does have some great dh trails but some cool freeride and quite a bit of XC if you know where all the dead ends are. We build trails up there almost every Sunday (mainly on the fr/xc side) and would be happy to show you around. BTW I haven't seen anyone mention Mt Mueller, and it's one of the best xc loops you'll ever do...anywhere.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Huckler said:
Mt Mueller, and it's one of the best xc loops you'll ever do...anywhere.
What's the scoop on that? What make it one of the best? i really like Dungeness/Gold Creek and i think that would be top of the line if it didn't have that 3 mile hike a bike in the beginning of the trail.....

·
born again
652 Posts
Skookum said:
What's the scoop on that? What make it one of the best? i really like Dungeness/Gold Creek and i think that would be top of the line if it didn't have that 3 mile hike a bike in the beginning of the trail.....
Uh, Muller is a pretty cool ride too. There's a big group of bbtc types doing that ride on Saturday. You can avoid the first 3 miles of Lower Dugeness by riding up the road and dropping in at 3 O'Clock Ridge but I wouldn't recommend it. LBQ is a pretty good ride too. They're all good. Let's not fight! :rolleyes: If I had to choose it would be Dungeness Loop over Muller but not by much. Just go do 'em all!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
i finally did LBQ for the first time a few weeks back. it's ok, super groomed hence the flow, too bad it wasn't longer. i really dig the scenery of all the Olympic Forest river rides. Did S. Fork Skokomish for the first time a while back as well and i really enjoyed it...
i'm always down to try something new, and a trail one day can be a different trail another, so i don't really bother rating. But i do know when someone local claims something to be the ultimate, it usually winds up being at least pretty cool, so i'll check it out, why not? :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mueller

Mueller is 13 miles of singletrack. Clockwise it has a 4+ mile downhill that is glass smooth and flowy. I'm do for the first ride of the year up there. The views are awsome as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.