Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Is anyone able to help me, I have a Porsche Bike S with Votec GS111 forks that need a service . I live in Melbourne Australia. Has anyone done a service on these forks before or does anyone know of where a service can be done ?

Thanks

·
B A N N E D
5,318 Posts
Hi.
Is anyone able to help me, I have a Porsche Bike S with Votec GS111 forks that need a service . I live in Melbourne Australia. Has anyone done a service on these forks before or does anyone know of where a service can be done ?

Thanks
That fork must be nearly 20 years old, I doubt that you'll find anyone to service it locally as nobody would have any replacement parts for it.

If you really want to fix it up you will probably have to do it yourself, the fork uses elastomers so the insides of it shouldn't be very technical.

The elastomers in it would probably be perished and need replacing, they can still be found but if need new seals I doubt that you'll find anyone that has them.

http://www.suspensionforkparts.net/eshop/votec.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi many thanks .
Yes i am able to buy spare parts to service the forks on my Porsch s bike in Germany.
from Steinerdesign.net.
I am trying to fix this bike up for my husband so he can ride it again. My next question is there anyone in melbourne who have dealt with or seviced this type of Votec Fork or have replaced the elastomers before.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,396 Posts
I am not familiar with the fork you have but I have a Votec GS 3 or 4 from the mid '90s and changing the elastomer is very easy on that fork.
So anyone with some good wrenching skills should be able to do that.

If you order from steinerdesign I would ask them if your fork would benefit from this.
Steinerdesign.net | Double Fix "DFS"
The original design without a steering tube on my fork model is almost a death wish by todays standard.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,396 Posts
Come to think about it, if you say GS111 do you mean GS3?

Here are some instructions, they are in german but there are some pics which show how things work.
I hope that helps, I can also try and translate some if that is your fork and needed, the 3 and 4 are very similar.
http://www.mountainbike-page.de/technik/manual_classic.pdf

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,396 Posts
More pics about taking one apart is on this page, again in German.
Torsten's Mountainbike Page

Click on quick finder in the upper left hand corner and scroll down to VOTEC-GS4 Air²/Plus and click on that.
That gives you pics how to disassemble the fork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts