Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught your attention...

We drove up to my in-law's cottage this weekend. What a nice time to get away. Traffic was easy and all around the cottage, pure quiet.

Saturday morning I woke up so sore. Not from coitus, but from the freakin' cot I slept on. Ugh! Every time I blinked it seemed, that thing creaked like a mofo. That cot's where my son-ov-a-bich nephew sleeps, and it smelled like pee. Sarah and Annabel in the other hand, slept on the bunk bed. I could have slept on it, but the top (my bed) swayed like a tree in the wind every time I moved. DAMMMMIT! And it also smelled like pee. Figures my brother in law lets his kid sleep in our bedroom when him and his wife have sloppy coitus. ugh! So he pees the bed and his mom doesn't change the sheets.

To keep it SS, I went and took a nap on the couch on the lower level. Woke up around 11 am. I ate a light lunch, and told Sarah I was going on a loooong ride.

And a long fixie ride it was on the Guerciotti. I hopped on it once I hauled it up the steep drive way, and took off for a 43 mile ride. And a long ride it was.

The NorWi scenery was nice, hilly, and trees without leaves, but it was in the 70's. I stopped at a creek. Saw a couple of gnomes scurry in their hand-built canoe once they saw me. Those little fukkkers. I dropped a rock on them and kept on riding.

Once I got the hwy 17, it was nothing but headwind. That's when it dawned on me again, how my ENO's fixie is more efficient than a geared bike. At 46/16, I was able to spin at a grueling pace, but I wasn't slowing down too much. Fixie makes your legs work hard, but efficiently. Why? If I were on a geared bike abomination, I probably would have wussed out and downshifted to an easy gear, making me a true wuss.

I rode in to work today. Windy as windy can be, I farted a bit on the way to work, but managed to get here at the same time I always do, 7:45 am. Why? I ride a fixie.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
ANd this is the bed you're offering to Lisa & Sidra? :rolleyes:

J/K. Sounds nice. I was out at Sugar Creek Bible camp yesterday clearing trail for the 12 hour race they're having there. May 7 for you MN, WI, IA, IL 'locals'. Nater, twas nice to meetcha. See you next weekend?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Nice to meet you too...

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be back up that way until the race weekend (living in Madison now). Got some friends coming to town this weekend...Tour de Georgia next weekend...12 Hours of John Muir on the 30th. Good to meet you though and I'm sure the LaX Velo boys appreciate your help!

Later...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.