Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Reba Race dual air u-turn and a 2009 Revelation 426 dual air u-turn. Both have the motion control dampening feature. However, the Reba is equipped with the poplock and the Revelation is not - it has the "standard" non-poplock blue knob on the top of the right side that you have to reach down to turn. Can those be swapped where I can put the poplock on the Revelation and swap the manual blue knob over to the Reba?

686 Posts
Not sure, I cent think at the moment. I have the revelation 426 with poploc though.
Just swap the motion control units over?
You only have to unscrew one part to take the unit out (the hex screw incorporated into the top of the unit)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Earthpig said:
I have a 2008 Reba Race dual air u-turn and a 2009 Revelation 426 dual air u-turn. Both have the motion control dampening feature. However, the Reba is equipped with the poplock and the Revelation is not - it has the "standard" non-poplock blue knob on the top of the right side that you have to reach down to turn. Can those be swapped where I can put the poplock on the Revelation and swap the manual blue knob over to the Reba?
Its actually the entire damper cartridge that you would swap between forks. Rockshox says these two forks use the same model # damper so it sounds entirely doable

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boomn said:
Its actually the entire damper cartridge that you would swap between forks. Rockshox says these two forks use the same model # damper so it sounds entirely doable
That's what I thought in terms of what had to be swapped over. When I got the Reba I wanted to remove the poplock entirely, but was told that I'd need a new damper cartridge. So, I kept the poplock and grew to love it. Anyway, my only worry was that with the travel differences between the two forks that they wouldn't use the same cartridge. Many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts