Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you use a poploc remote lever? Is it possible to adjust a Reba such that you do not feel the need for a lock out, or can I go backwards to a fork mounted lockout?

My Reba has the hardware installed for a remote lever, but I don't have the lever currently. I have only started playing around with the air pressures, and I currently think that I have the negative pressure too high, because it bobs way too much when standing. I don't particulary like the idea of another thing cluttering the handlebars, but wanted to get the general feeling before spending $50 for a piece of plastic with a cable attached.

Steve

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
many of us run the neg. chamber significantly lower...which addresses much of the bob. the trade-off it seems is small bump sensitivity, ie plushness.

for example, i run 160+/130- and it's very nuetral.

when standing though, it moves, so i use the pop-lock. the fork mounted version seems fine to me....but I don't have one.

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
Alright, here's a dumb question. I'm at work right now, so I don't have the bike in front of me, and I always think of this when I'm somewhere that I can't have the bike in front of me, so I'm going to ask what may sound like a stupid question.

Can I use an old friction thumb shifter to adjust my Poploc on my Reba Race, or do I have to blow $50 on the "official" piece of SRAM plastic?

·
Registered
756 Posts
gabbard said:
How many of you use a poploc remote lever? Is it possible to adjust a Reba such that you do not feel the need for a lock out, or can I go backwards to a fork mounted lockout?........general feeling before spending $50 for a piece of plastic with a cable attached.Steve
I concur with Padre on the setup of the + and - air chambers. I currently run the fork mounted lever - most riding is with the Compression in Lock (minimal travel) mode. I only fling the compression lever open for rocky descents - that I know are coming. when riding new trails I usually run the compression lever at 3:00 position.

Instead of dropping $50 on a poploc lever and cable - try an old thumbie and spare cable.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Francis Buxton said:
Can I use an old friction thumb shifter to adjust my Poploc on my Reba Race, or do I have to blow $50 on the "official" piece of SRAM plastic?
I don't see why this wouldn't work. The remote cap on the fork just has a small set screw to fix a cable & it just turns the knob as you throw the lever. Pretty simple.

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
AOK said:
I don't see why this wouldn't work. The remote cap on the fork just has a small set screw to fix a cable & it just turns the knob as you throw the lever. Pretty simple.
That was pretty much what I was thinking. The old thumbies can push as well as pull, so I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. I guess I'll find out. :D

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Both

I have both the fork mount and bar mount and love them. The bar mount is on my SS. It nice because if I need to stand up and crank (who an I kidding a always need to stand):eek: I can just hit the lever while standing and don't have to reach all the way down to the leg.

However on my geared bike the fork mount is good.

Per Padre's suggestion you may need to adjust the pressure. Do a search for Reba adjustments in this forum. The manufacturers suggested adjustments are way off.:confused:

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.