Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!. This is a stupid question but for all RS Poploc owners. Do poplocs come w/a cable or just housing? :confused: In other words would I be able to use it out of the box (after star nut and race are installed). On 05 Rebas, do you have to install a race, or does Rockshox put em' on? This is my first non OEM fork so I'm not use to this stuff. :)

I can't wait!!! On tues. I'm getting my 05 sexy Citrus Reba Team w/ u-turn + poploc. I almost cried when my mom said I could buy a fork........ after 3 years!!!! I've been drooling over pics of the reba. Big upgrade over MZ comp. I'll be racing my first couple o' races in summer so I need it! :) :) :) Got on famous E-bay, $299!!!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
As far as my friends came it's in a housing and you just bolt it on the handlbar and that's it. Enjoy the REBA team and what a great price for it too boot :) Love my REBA SL, didn't get it for near that price though :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine came with cable and housing

Nathaniel,

Mine (black 05 Reba Race) did indeed come with a cable and housing. Oddly the housing seemed to be brake housing (way too bendy for shift housing) but the cable was a (short) shift cable.

Just rebuilt my fork and put new housing and cable on. The remote I got was for the left (they are right or left handed - I would assume all stock ones are lefties). In terms of setup, the best I have seen is to run the housing basically vertically down from the bar (you'll figure it out when you see it).

You do have to drop on a race (comes with headset usually) but that is way easier in my experience than the star nut. If in doubt drop by the LBS and ask nicely. If they know you they'll drop both on for nothing in a few seconds.

Enjoy!

-dr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.