Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bike Fiend
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently finished building this up - Surly 1x1 frame with the brake bosses cut off and a rear derailleur (1x7 thanks to a DMR chain tug w/ mech hanger), large marge rims front and back with a 2.7 Nevegal up front and a 2.5 Nevegal in back. Got done building it the night before our first big storm....

Bicycle tire Wheel Mode of transport Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire

Branch Winter Automotive tire Twig Freezing

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

More pics and stuff here.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Dang

mplsmtb said:
Recently finished building this up - Surly 1x1 frame with the brake bosses cut off and a rear derailleur (1x7 thanks to a DMR chain tug w/ mech hanger), large marge rims front and back with a 2.7 Nevegal up front and a 2.5 Nevegal in back. Got done building it the night before our first big storm....

View attachment 418218

View attachment 418219

View attachment 418233

More pics and stuff here.
I just saw one of those tires the other day at ReCyclery in San Rafael. I was tempted. I'm totally kicking myself for not picking up the 3.0 Nokon Gazzarras (or whatever they are called) I came across at teh swap meet a few weeks ago for $10 each. I seriously wanna try the poor man's pug thing on my cargo bike hardtail. Not sure a super big tire would fit in back, but it prolly will up front.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Checked out your extra pics . Great writeup and nice bike. I think its great to see someone tinkering and making their own custom set up. Those nevengal's must feel like a ton while spinning. I like the endo's , but the only thing keeping me from going that route is rotational weight. I ran 2.3 DH nevengals on my hard tail and hated the feel. My Endo's felt light compaired to them, and they were just 2.3's !. Keep on riding !

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
have you tried 2.5 continental diesel tyres yet?,
i have a folding one and its real light..,i may fit it on the front wheel of the pug just to see what it looks like on a marge rim and post a pic,thinking a 1x1 work bike with LM rims,2.5 hookworm tyres then swap to the contis or even nokian spikes if needed for winter commuting/lighter semi float fatbike/back up/take a friend out bike :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.