Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
From the article....

"Falling Into the Poop Chute

Saturday afternoon around 1PM. I heard a report about a solo bicyclist who fell from their bike and may have broken their hip. In the Poop Chute. Be careful riding through the Poop Chute. That’s the last place you want to fall."

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I remember the days I could comfortably drop that with a hardtail, sigh, unfortunately my skills and that route have both eroded heavily, in to something of a rubble coated elevator shaft.

Here's hoping the victim recovers quickly and fully. Fractured hips can be permanently life altering injury.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,468 Posts
This is the second major bike accident this month in this illegal trail that required a major rescue effort. It won't be good for enforcement now so be aware if you're in the area. The rider crashed 300 yards up the trail from the road.

I have 50 photos from the scene but they might get misused so just pm me if you want to see them.

The rider is out 4 weeks, hopefully will recover well.

·
Wēk Sôs
3,210 Posts
From the article....

"Falling Into the Poop Chute

Saturday afternoon around 1PM. I heard a report about a solo bicyclist who fell from their bike and may have broken their hip. In the Poop Chute. Be careful riding through the Poop Chute. That's the last place you want to fall."
Ah.

I didn't realize that was an article. Said weekly dump and recall and I flipped it off as spam.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I thought it interesting that the responders actually use the ultra triple top secret names in their accident description.
Dispatch gives whatever location is given to them by whoever called 911. And I bet Felton Fire knows most of the trails in their backyard by name. Ambulance is less of a guarantee, but fire will guide them in.

·
Log off and go ride!
1,864 Posts
CZU190000722 is the Calfire incident number, and the last line (starting with C2300) are just the identifiers of the emergency vehicles that were dispatched to the incident.
CZU Santa Cruz Ranger Unit (unit 23)
19 = 2019
000722 sequential incident number.
C2300 Chief 2300. Normally that would be the Ranger Unit Chief --a desk bound administrator. Why is he responding? Covering as duty officer?
E23xx = Engines
The rest seem to be local fire/ems call signs.

I retired in 2005. It looks like the nomenclature and call identifiers have changed a bit since.

·
Registered
710 Posts
CZU Santa Cruz Ranger Unit (unit 23)
19 = 2019
000722 sequential incident number.
C2300 Chief 2300. Normally that would be the Ranger Unit Chief --a desk bound administrator. Why is he responding? Covering as duty officer?
E23xx = Engines
The rest seem to be local fire/ems call signs.

I retired in 2005. It looks like the nomenclature and call identifiers have changed a bit since.
I'm 15 years active on Ben Lomond Fire this year. I believe that area's SRA, hence the CZU (our local Calfire zone) incident number instead of it leading with FEL for Felton Fire. Presumably Engine 1763 (iirc) and possibly a chief officer out of the Felton Calfire center was dispatched as well, since it's a Calfire incident, but that would show up on the Calfire dispatch traffic channel, not our county dispatch. C2300 is Felton Fire's fire chief; since all the San Lorenzo Valley departments are all-volunteer a chief officer (fire or battalion, depending on duty) is dispatched to all calls.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.