Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On average, how many days is your bike down due to manufacturer warranty issues?

I was only out of commission for a few days this year. Although, I had many issues;) !

Discussion:

Is any amount of downtime acceptable? Can you think of ways to reduce downtime from companies that push products on the market prematurely and subsequently develop problems? Should they be held accountable? I wonder if setting up a universal and unbiased product review company would be a good idea? Any potential products could anonymously be sent to the centre for testing. Reviews could be made available through the web:thumbsup:

Proper testing and real world market research would do much to reduce manufacturers defects and riders downtime...IMO.

Forgot to hit the poll "que":madman:

* 1-3 days

** 1 week

*** 2 weeks

*** 3 or more weeks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Downtime is something to be expected. I had my oil changed in my truck yesterday and was down for 2 hrs:madman:

On the bike I had zero down time but I did have a couple major bike hiccups that I rode through until resolved by the bike gods at turner.

Your New Bike World Order sounds like a great way for you to get all the free bikes you can handle. Good luck with that:thumbsup:

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
You are a mind reader! I have been waiting for a pole. Damn postman - how the hell am I going to put this flag up?

In the absence of an actual poll, I vote:

Option A) - There was nothing wrong with the design of the old poll, it does everything I personally need it to and the new poll design is a corporate conspiracy to screw the little guy. If anyone disagrees I will kill them to death with belligerence.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tidybeard said:
You are a mind reader! I have been waiting for a pole. Damn postman - how the hell am I going to put this flag up?

In the absence of an actual poll, I vote:

Option A) - There was nothing wrong with the design of the old poll, it does everything I personally need it to and the new poll design is a corporate conspiracy to screw the little guy. If anyone disagrees I will kill them to death with belligerence.
Your opinion is invalid as I am the designer of this poll. It's a proprietary setup and I hold all copyrights to the title, layout, and contents within. Using any verbage that passes through angular sectar @ Sq1 would be considered a breach of said copyright and subject to even more belligerence.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Your opinion is invalid as I am the designer of this poll. It's a proprietary setup and I hold all copyrights to the title, layout, and contents within. Using any verbage that passes through angular sectar @ Sq1 would be considered a breach of said copyright and subject to even more belligerence.
Aha - but there is no poll. It's all hypothetical. Where you appear to have taken a wrong turn is insisting that your view is correct, but not actually putting one forward.

To be on the safe side, I will avoid reference to Sq1 for the immediate future.

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
qbert2000 said:
wow, way to get me excited for nothing. the poll i was waiting for was on weather you should disappear or not
REPOST from "christmas thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jncarpenter
Hmmmm, sounds like a great topic for a poll. I sure know which way my vote is swaying

somebody please build that poll so that us "not worthy, low post count, overly suspended, dont know what we really want / need / or like UNgnarCore" riders can finally be heard.

PLEASE...

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
matthew said:
REPOST from "christmas thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jncarpenter
Hmmmm, sounds like a great topic for a poll. I sure know which way my vote is swaying

somebody please build that poll so that us "not worthy, low post count, overly suspended, dont know what we really want / need / or like UNgnarCore" riders can finally be heard.

PLEASE...
Um, since I don't really have a dog in this fight - why don't you do it? No attitude from me, just wondering...

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it says "poll", it must be a POLL.

Tidybeard said:
Aha - but there is no poll. It's all hypothetical. Where you appear to have taken a wrong turn is insisting that your view is correct, but not actually putting one forward.

To be on the safe side, I will avoid reference to Sq1 for the immediate future.
It's just a prototype :rolleyes: It's unique and only I am capable of of understanding the intricacies of it's design. I predict that it will indeed be the holy grail of polls and one by which the standards of past and future polls will be measured.

I suggest that if you would like to continue to participate you must proclaim your ignorance and concede. If you choose to whine and moan about a point that is lost on the rest of the world, you will suffer a very painful e-death.

Disclaimer:

In order to gain participation in the poll due to a *slight* production glich, it is sometimes necessary to "modify" things during the very small window of it's actual market demand.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
It's just a prototype :rolleyes: It's unique and only I am capable of of understanding the intricacies of it's design. I predict that it will indeed be the holy grail of polls and one by which the standards of past and future polls will be measured.

I suggest that if you would like to continue to participate you must proclaim your ignorance and concede. If you choose to whine and moan about a point that is lost on the rest of the world, you will suffer a very painful e-death.

Disclaimer:

In order to gain participation in the poll due to a *slight* production glich, it is sometimes necessary to "modify" things during the very small window of it's actual market demand.
I see. I'm not really much of a moaner and whiner, but I'm not yet ready to proclaim my ignorance and concede. A testing dilemma for sure. I'll have to think about it and come back to you.

In the meantime, I wish you luck on your quest.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tidybeard said:
I see. I'm not really much of a moaner and whiner, but I'm not yet ready to proclaim my ignorance and concede. A testing dilemma for sure. I'll have to think about it and come back to you.

In the meantime, I wish you luck on your quest.
Ohh..I almost forgot:madman:

:D

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
Tidybeard said:
Um, since I don't really have a dog in this fight - why don't you do it? No attitude from me, just wondering...
I like that expression.
I dont have a dog in the fight either, or the poll building knowledge, or the time.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
matthew said:
I like that expression.
I dont have a dog in the fight either, or the poll building knowledge, or the time.
Gotcha. I'm sure it'll happen at some point. I've been away for a while so I don't really understand some of the vitriol. Just watching and learning for now.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Were these hiccups just performance related?
It's all about performance! Best handling trail bike I have ever ridden. Dealing with the now corporate giant was also as easy as ever. It (massive corporate entity) somehow managed to maintain its legendary CS after the sell out to suspension mogul/snakeoil salesman DW -- which subsequently caused it to hire 400+ new sweatshop workers (non-union:eekster:) that it grossly mistreats and under pays, while raking in extraordinary windfall profits:thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

LncNuvue said:
It's all about performance! Best handling trail bike I have ever ridden. Dealing with the now corporate giant was also as easy as ever. It (massive corporate entity) somehow managed to maintain its legendary CS after the sell out to suspension mogul/snakeoil salesman DW -- which subsequently caused it to hire 400+ new sweatshop workers (non-union:eekster:) that it grossly mistreats and under pays, while raking in extraordinary windfall profits:thumbsup:

;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.