Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
POLL: what brakes do you have/want to have?

What kind of brakes do you currently have and what brakes would you like to have (because you feel like brakes you have now ain't cutting it).

I'll start: I have 203mm Grimeca System 12 up front and 160mm System 8 rear.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
I have
XT 776
8" front
6"rear

and this brakes gets better with time...

·
n00b eternal
633 Posts
Hayes HFX 9
8" front
6" back

I'm actually pretty happy with my Hayes (except for the flexy levers, time to call dangerboy). I do ride hard and fast, but I never have had problems with fading or anything. Even on the local 13 mile downhill.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Avid Juicys w/8" Polygon rotors ft/bk

Only thing I would change is maybe going to round rotors to keep the bk one from chirppin'.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
have:
hayes hfx 9's 8 inch rotors front and rear

want:
avid juicy's with wavey rotors.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I got myself a rear 8" 22mm Hayes Mag, and a front 8" Hayes HFX9 with a broken front Hayes Mag laying in my garage.

Will be getting some HMX2s for my Titan.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Hayes HD Mags...8" front and 6" rear...

i want the new avid juicys or the new hayes...either way which ever will suit my bike in looks seems as there both great...

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Have Hayes Mag HD 8" and HFX9 8".

Want/will have Hayes El Camino 8"

If you haven't seen the *new* ad for the El Camino's, keep an eye out for it they look sweet. Very similiar features to the Avid Juicy, which took some of it's features from Magura HS* Hydro rims brakes.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Lucky13 said:
What kind of brakes do you currently have and what brakes would you like to have (because you feel like brakes you have now ain't cutting it).

I'll start: I have 203mm Grimeca System 12 up front and 160mm System 8 rear.
160 MM Avid Mechanicals. Dont like them. I want 160 MM Avid Juicys or Hayes El Camino.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have mechanical tektros, probablly 6" front and back.

What do I want? I'm not sure, havent really looked into brakes lately. Some Hayes with 8" rotors would be pretty sick though..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts