Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which tire should Hutchinson make first?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
hispanic mechanic
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VOTE NOW for Hutchinson 2.0, 2.1, or 2.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.K. folks. Let's let the good people at Hutchinson know which of their tires we collectively lust for. Your options are Python 2.0/2.1, Python 2.3, Spider 2.3, or "I don't think any of them will sell."
If someone already makes your ultimate 29" tire, that's cool. Just let them know what you think will sell best!
Thanks, everyone.

the los

·
Registered
98 Posts
I want it big

I feel that the market is already flooded with 2.1's. I want a big old chubby tire, even if I can only run it up front. The exiwolf just isn't cutting it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great tire and a nice step foward. However, I hardly think it's a real 2.3 and the weight is a bit of a disapointment. Let nokion make that light weight tire and hutchinson can make us a big fatty since ritchey bailed out on us. Or in a perfect world just make bot, ethier tread pattern in a 2.3 would be awsome. :D

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Definitely the Python 2.0!

I want a 2.3 as bad as anyone, but the Python isn't the right tread for the fattie (Spider?)we've been dreaming of. The 29" world also needs a fast, light race tire at least as bad, and the Python 2.0 would be ideal.

Build it, and we will come.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought a 29 thinking Richey was going to make some meat's. Now all I got is exiwolf.
So I really would like to see a second option in the 2.3" size. My riding friends are looking at the 29"
and only holding back is more tires to pick form. Currently only one 2.3" tire is made, and most of the people that bought 2 or 3 of those
would do the same just to have the experience of riding a new tread.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
what he said...

GlowBoy said:
I want a 2.3 as bad as anyone, but the Python isn't the right tread for the fattie (Spider?)we've been dreaming of. The 29" world also needs a fast, light race tire at least as bad, and the Python 2.0 would be ideal.

Build it, and we will come.
that is exactly how i feel. if i had my way, i would have a set of the 2.0/2.1 Pythons for my light/fast race day setup and run a set of 2.3 Spiders on my everyday, lots-O-traction/durable wheelset. funny thing is, i believe Hutchinson will make this a reality before too long.
Hooray for Hutchinson!! Everybody sing now... :D :D

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
Most of my riding is trail riding and a BIG 2.3 Spider or Python would be on 99% of the time. I would have a set of 2.1 Pythons for 24 hour races but I do not do those every week. Either way I would be stoked to have a Hutchinson tire on my 29er.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
2.0 for sure. As light as possible, concentrating on going fast in XC. Fast compound and casing. 29" will take care of grip and traction.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Cloxxki said:
2.0 for sure. As light as possible, concentrating on going fast in XC. Fast compound and casing. 29" will take care of grip and traction.
What he said. I would like to see an all out racing tire: 2.0" tread, Air Light casing, ~530 grams. Short of that, a 2.3 Spider (huge volume, meaty tread, but still maybe a bit more agile than the Exiwolf is said to be) would be preferable to another middle of the road 2.1"

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
I'd like to see a 2.0 python and a 2.3 python. 2.1 for the fast and light crowd and a 2.3 because there is a vast shortage of wide 29er tires and you'd make a killing with it:)

Thanks for valuing our opinions!

B

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
2.1 please. I'd probably buy at least a pair a season...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.