Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a Turner Flux with a custom wheelset from GravyWheels. I'm going with DT Swiss tubeless converstion instead of UST so I'll have more options for tires.

So, I'm wondering what folks favorite tire is for Tamarancho, China Camp, Mt. Tam, etc.

I've been on Specialized for the last couple years and like them, but I'm thinking of starting off with WTB Weirwolf.

thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm undecided on the best tire for Marin this time of year. But I like Nokian NBX 2.3 F, 2.1 R for the dry and dusty season (most of the time).

Surfpriest said:
I'm building up a Turner Flux with a custom wheelset from GravyWheels. I'm going with DT Swiss tubeless converstion instead of UST so I'll have more options for tires.

So, I'm wondering what folks favorite tire is for Tamarancho, China Camp, Mt. Tam, etc.

I've been on Specialized for the last couple years and like them, but I'm thinking of starting off with WTB Weirwolf.

thanks for sharing...

G

·
panaracer fire pro xc's

although i ride the weirwolves right now in the 2.5 version. They are nice in the mud, and ok on dry pack.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
i can 2nd the 2.3 NBX..

SteamDonkey said:
I'm undecided on the best tire for Marin this time of year. But I like Nokian NBX 2.3 F, 2.1 R for the dry and dusty season (most of the time).
And suggest the DTC kenda 2.1 nevegal in back. I ride this set up on my spot and its great...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.