Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone else is using? Jeff at Bike Stuff hooked me up with his favorite tires- Geax Blade 225 for the front and Geax Sturdy Super Performance 2.1 in the rear. This combo made a HUGE difference!

Has anyone had good luck with any other tires?

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Those are great tires. I wish I knew a local shop had them. I ordered some Nokian NBX 2.3 which can also hold their own on the rocky stuff:)

Shawn

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wish i knew

The geax are great tires. I think anything fat IE 2.3's would be goo d set to right PSI. Unfortunatly my frame restricts my tire size. I got maxxis rancho XC 2.0,s. I would think the maxxis freeride/DH tires track just as good.(side note-The maxxis seem to be the best rubber i've used). ps gunga, are you Yem?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aggro said:
The geax are great tires. I think anything fat IE 2.3's would be goo d set to right PSI. Unfortunatly my frame restricts my tire size. I got maxxis rancho XC 2.0,s. I would think the maxxis freeride/DH tires track just as good.(side note-The maxxis seem to be the best rubber i've used). ps gunga, are you Yem?
Hey Aggro,

the wider tires seem to work well and thus far I have liked running the 2.25 in the front and a 2.1 in the back. It tracks really well- BMX concept.

I am probably not YEM because I don't know what that is. Is it short for Yemeni? Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
musta been confused Yem is other poster.

??? agh well
Gungadin said:
Hey Aggro,

the wider tires seem to work well and thus far I have liked running the 2.25 in the front and a 2.1 in the back. It tracks really well- BMX concept.

I am probably not YEM because I don't know what that is. Is it short for Yemeni? Let me know.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts