Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which shock for 08' Shore?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an 08' Shore...

opinions on which shock would be best for this bike and why.
It will be my do it all bike and see 80% of it use at whistler and the North Shore.

Thanks!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
SamL3227 said:
this is an easy one.double barrel, its the best.
And what do you base this opinion on, your own personal experience? Or media hype?
There is a growing contingent of riders who have tried the ccdb and uncovered it's faults. It's foolish to think that this shock is the best simply based on marketing hype.

·
RiffRaff
429 Posts
The CCDB was developed by Ohlins one of the best suspension companies around motorycles. It is highly adjustable, very smooth, doesn't do anything funky (like spiking from DHX), and just does a really great job of keeping the tire on the ground.

·
RiffRaff
429 Posts
Renegade said:
I have a DHX on my bike now and it has obvious issuse. Thats not saying it is a horrible shock. It's just not perfect. If I had it to do again with the option of CCDB or DHX I would spend the extra cash for the CCDB. It is a better shock IMO than the DHX. People win on both. Maybe getting a DHX pushed would even the field. I think a good comprimise would be the vivid but I don't have any extended amount of time on it, but they do feel pretty damn good.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,976 Posts
FWIW, i've owned a DHX, Romic, Avalanche and the CCDB. i currently run the CCDB and think it smokes the DHX and Romic in performance and adjustability. the Avy is definitely on par with the CCDB in the performance department. with either, i don't even notice that the back end of my bike is even there when railing the nastiest of terrains...

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I was amazed how good this shock was sitting on a V-10....just butter and endless travel
they all feel pretty good when you are just sitting on them.
It's when you bolt one onto your bike, and then actually ride it, that a comparison can be made.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Yer all wrong......all the core guys know it, but don't want you to snap up all the good leftovers.

Progressive's the sh!t man. At least they were the last time I read MBA...

;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.