Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of finally moving back to California, what do you guys think the best place to live, close to the ocean, good DH trails, and good prices on buying a house???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cheap houses, lol. Although now is probably a good time to buy with all the foreclosures, short sales, etc. Are you looking for So Cal or No Cal? I am only familar with So Cal so if you want to be close to the beach and have access to some decent riding I would say anywhere from Calabasas to Newbury Park along the 101 FWY. Agoura, T.O., Oak Park, etc. is about 15 minutes away from the beach and you have the Santa Monica Mts in your back yard which offers up a ton of riding. Mammoth is 5 hours away which isn't too far. Good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
souldnt say cheap, but not million dollar homes, 300,000 to $ 450.000 range , looking at So Cal, I grew up in OC for 24 years , and miss it, looking for riding 365 days , sick of snow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bit of a drive to the nearest trails (if you know the secret, SHUT UP!), but Seal Beach is great. Quiet, quaint, wholesome, central-coast-style, little beach town, right on the LA/OC border. Very quiet, very clean, and nothing like Long Beach or HB, its neighbors to the north and south, respectively. If you don't like OC's Escalade-driving ******wads or LA's pistol-packing thugs, check out Seal. It's too boring to attract any of those types... and we SB residents are more than OK with that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
AZrider44 said:
souldnt say cheap, but not million dollar homes, 300,000 to $ 450.000 range , looking at So Cal, I grew up in OC for 24 years , and miss it, looking for riding 365 days , sick of snow.
with that kind of money you have a few choices ghetto/tiny house or a 200 mile comute ^^ good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot why i stopped posting on MTBR, most of the people on here are ligit, but it is **** sticks like you who make me want to puke, I am pretty sure I can get a decent house for that kind of money, thanks for all the positive answers on here, ill be sure to check some of those places out.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
SLO is technically just a tad further south than Bakersfield, but many people consider it central California. Median home price in SLO county as of January 2011 was $335,000. Weather is nice, beach is close by and mountain biking is quite good.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
AZrider44 said:
thinking of finally moving back to California, what do you guys think the best place to live, close to the ocean, good DH trails, and good prices on buying a house???
I think there are deals to be had; still a lot of distressed properties on the market. The thing that makes your question tough is how close you want to be near serious downhill trails AND the ocean. There's not that much vertical along the coast. There's a few spots and undoubtedly some off the map type places to ride. There's some pretty serious vertical in the OC portion of the Cleveland National Forest. Then there's the places further north.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I read your other thread about the possibility of moving to Temecula; before anyone responded. Temecula is an awesome place to live; if anyone said otherwise on your other thread, they are full of $#!t. So much good mountain biking within 30 minutes and ride out your garage opportunites for midweek training and a nice downhill shuttle all in town. Of course anything along the 101 north of LA heading into ventira county is nice but very pricy. North San Diego is great as is South Orange county. Good luck finding nice place wherever you decide to move.

·
Who's riding today?
1,422 Posts
I'm a San Diego RE agent. Nice place to live and RIDE!! YEAH, we've seen prices drop, as with the nation. Ventura took a BIG hit I understand. Nice area, easy access to the SM mtns and all kinds of other fine trails. San Diego has lots of variation in housing types and prices. And prices are right about where they were in 2001-2002. Kind of like of a "back to the future" episode about real estate :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.