Votes: 61 93.8%
  • Female

Votes: 4 6.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all commuters: please answer the poll, are you male or female? It is anonymous unless you want to share a comment.

Having gotten a couple of "Thanks, man" on the forum I will share first that it is "Thanks, woman" :thumbsup:

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
mtbxplorer said:
Having gotten a couple of "Thanks, man" on the forum I will share first that it is "Thanks, woman" :thumbsup:
Really? Cool- You aren`t the only woman here, but it still isn`t a very even balance. I`m entering a vote for myself, but since I often refer to my commute bike as an "mtb in drag", IT will have to answer for itself depending on how IT feels since I`ve messed with IT`s identity.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
It should be noted that the question is really 'are you a male or female commuter that hangs out on mtb forums?'

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ericmopar said:
Well...I voted, but I hope I don't get "cooties". It was posted by a girl after all...:D
:p Haha Good one!

I knew I should have printed out the graph when it showed 100% female (1 vote)!

I may have to poach some more votes from the women's lounge or estrogen.com commuting forum next week.

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
mtbxplorer said:
:I may have to poach some more votes from the women's lounge or estrogen.com commuting forum next week.
Seattlegirl or Pugdawg might see your poll. Maybe others too- as you`ve pointed out, most of us just kind of assume that posters are men unless a "girl- specific" username is involved, so maybe a few more posters are women and we haven`t noticed. That happens more often on rbr, but let`s see if you pull a few out of the woodwork.

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,983 Posts
I'm thrilled to see there are women on this forum! I'm so sick of prissy little princesses, I could puke.

My 2nd wife was, while remaining feminine, nobody to mess with; at LEAST as strong as me, not afraid to break a sweat, or a nail. She used to help me move furniture! SHE was the definition of a woman you could call, as LA put it, a "stud".

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
That makes it 2-28, which in my books makes me a fella.

I`ll also admit that if a user name hasn`t got some girly/womeny tone, I`ll automaticly assume its another guy.

Another assuption I regulary make is if you are female, I will automaticly cycle faster than you....... This unwritten rule is totaly missunderstood by a lot of female cyclists.

On a morning commute last sommer I caught up to a lady in her mid 40`s on a road bike with all the latest gear. Just to put this in perspective, I was also on my road bike doing an all out 20min watt test. I flew past her, gaspt good morning and thought nothing of it until after my 20 minute "ALL OUT" test .

I realised that she had jumped on my rear wheel and looked as fresh as a daisy whilst I was gasping for air with led in my legs.

You might say that I am sexist, but I prefer women to stay by the kitchen sink!

Its just not good for us middle aged fellas who pretend to be fast and use too much money on our crisis.. errr.. hobby ;)

My wife also rides a road bike, she is fast too. What I did here was join facebook just to prove to myself that I can come out on top over her in at least one aspect of my life by gaining more "friends".... needless to say, I dont do facebook anymore...

:rolleyes:

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
fux said:
On a morning commute last sommer I caught up to a lady in her mid 40`s on a road bike with all the latest gear. Just to put this in perspective, I was also on my road bike doing an all out 20min watt test. I flew past her, gaspt good morning and thought nothing of it until after my 20 minute "ALL OUT" test .

I realised that she had jumped on my rear wheel and looked as fresh as a daisy whilst I was gasping for air with led in my legs.
Don't forget that if she grabs your wheel, her power output only needs to be about 60% of yours for her to stay on you.

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
Dude here. I have seen one other person on a bike during my commute in the last 5 years. It was another guy. Not another soul on a bike during the other 9,994 miles of commuting. I guess that proves the disproportionate amount of guys theory... 100% males around these parts. :lol: lonely, lonely males.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
mtbxplorer said:
Calling all commuters: please answer the poll, are you male or female? It is anonymous unless you want to share a comment.

Its some times a bit hard to tell if your a male or female when there is no listed gender under someones avatar. Sometimes its easy, because some names are just girly, or there is a picture, or something like that to give it away.

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
CommuterBoy said:
I have seen one other person on a bike during my commute in the last 5 years. It was another guy. Not another soul on a bike during the other 9,994 miles of commuting.
I see other riders occasionally. They`re generally under three feet tall and ride circles or figure eights in the parking lot of the little apartment complex that I pass by about half way in.

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CommuterBoy said:
Dude here. I have seen one other person on a bike during my commute in the last 5 years. It was another guy. Not another soul on a bike during the other 9,994 miles of commuting. I guess that proves the disproportionate amount of guys theory... 100% males around these parts. :lol: lonely, lonely males.
That is lonely! Maybe you can meet up with the Maytag repairman or something. I rarely see a biker now,but that will change in the spring. So do you hit really hit 10,000 mi tonight or was that a number out of the air? Congratulations if it is a milestone ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.