Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a lot of time on my hands. I want to clean up my ride. I mean REALLY clean it up. (Yeah, I know, sounds pretty lame. But If I can't ride I'd like to do something bike related that's worth my time.) So what could I use to shine up my polished rear tri? Also, I have a few scuff marks in the Ti front tri I'd like to try to clean up. Any ideas what should I use?

cheers :thumbsup: ,
simp

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FM said:
I'm not sure if there is clear ano over the titus polished rears. But on my old Turner RFX, I used "mothers aluminum billet polish" (you can get it at most car or hardware stores) on the rear end and it cleaned up like brand new, pretty cool really.
Yeah, it's definitely just raw polished AL. I'll give the mothers a shot. Thanks for the tip. Ideas on the Ti bits? I've heard scotchbrite. But I think there are different levels of "courseness"?

later,
simp

·
Registered
123 Posts
0000 steel wool for the mild scuffs.

600 grit wet/dry sandpaper to knock the high spots down. If you are really good with hand tools, use a fine flat file, then go over it with the steel wool. Either way take your time, and use light pressure.

simplton said:
I have a few scuff marks in the Ti front tri I'd like to try to clean up. Any ideas what should I use?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.