Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know that Intense offers a polished frame option on the 6.6, but I have yet to see any pics of it. Does anybody have any that they can post here please?

Also, are there any Anodized color options from Intense for the 6.6?
Everything I have seen is just paint colors, but not anodized. If there are anodized options, can somebody post pics of these as well please.

Thanks
 

·
aka...appBLING72
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
slayer2003 said:
Hi,
I know that Intense offers a polished frame option on the 6.6, but I have yet to see any pics of it. Does anybody have any that they can post here please?

Also, are there any Anodized color options from Intense for the 6.6?
Everything I have seen is just paint colors, but not anodized. If there are anodized options, can somebody post pics of these as well please.

Thanks
No Anodized. Check out their website and you can see there paint color options. Their paint jobs are top notch. I have a Pearl white 6.6 list on here you can check it out.
 

·
aka...appBLING72
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
slayer2003 said:
Hi,
I know that Intense offers a polished frame option on the 6.6, but I have yet to see any pics of it. Does anybody have any that they can post here please?

Also, are there any Anodized color options from Intense for the 6.6?
Everything I have seen is just paint colors, but not anodized. If there are anodized options, can somebody post pics of these as well please.

Thanks
No Anodized. Check out their website and you can see there paint color options. Their paint jobs are top notch. I have a Pearl white 6.6 list on here you can check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
As far as I know, Intense does not offer polished frames, but Ball Burnished ones.
I posted a picture of my Ball Burnished 5.5 on this board a short while ago . Look it up.
The big plus is that there is no paint to chip off, and not matter what happens, one good polish & the frame is as good as new. When I got the frame I was not happy at all. The bare aluminum shows all the little scars , nicks & scratches of the tubes. Something that paint would normaly cover up. But after some polish they all disappear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Polished or ball-burnished I comsider close enpugh to the same. I know that Ball-burnished is tumbled in bb's and whatever, but the end color is close enough to the same. My last 3 or 4 bikes have been either or. GT calls theirs Ball-burnished, but my VP-Free is Polished.

At any rate, this is my finish of choice. I like the no-paint factor.

Any pics of a Ball-Burnished/Polished 6.6 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Hey Slayer

Just visiting at Intense last week and heard there will no longer be any ball burnished frames coming out of Intense. But I did spy some killer colors as i searched out my new steed. The iron color, the TI, and the Java were way cool. But so were the yellow, british racing green, and the orange. The orange reminds me of Harley colors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
RANOACLAN said:
Just visiting at Intense last week and heard there will no longer be any ball burnished frames coming out of Intense. But I did spy some killer colors as i searched out my new steed. The iron color, the TI, and the Java were way cool. But so were the yellow, british racing green, and the orange. The orange reminds me of Harley colors.
Wow. So I got me a classic now ? Ball Burnished 5.5 ... :D
 

·
pb2
Joined
·
294 Posts
good bye ball burnished

PizzaMan said:
Wow. So I got me a classic now ? Ball Burnished 5.5 ... :D
Hey pizza man lets hope your BB 5.5 is better than the BB 6.6 I recently saw at my local dealers, it was such a let down, it was dull and the grain of the tubing could be clearly seen in all the areas where the tubing had been worked i.e. seat and chain stays.

If you can imagine a metal version of human stretch marks then you would be pretty close to what it looked like. Compared to the SC Nomad or the Turner Flux it was awful and I for one am not surprised they have dropped it because it was only going to cause trouble when you are being asked to pay extra for something that bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
yespsb said:
Hey pizza man lets hope your BB 5.5 is better than the BB 6.6 I recently saw at my local dealers, it was such a let down, it was dull and the grain of the tubing could be clearly seen in all the areas where the tubing had been worked i.e. seat and chain stays.

If you can imagine a metal version of human stretch marks then you would be pretty close to what it looked like. Compared to the SC Nomad or the Turner Flux it was awful and I for one am not surprised they have dropped it because it was only going to cause trouble when you are being asked to pay extra for something that bad.
As I said, mine was not exceptionally good looking when it has arrived. The local distributor teased me saying I paid extra $$$ for an unfinished frame. But after you give it a good polish, it's a whole differant story. I guess it's like old wine , just gets better over time (if you give it a good polish from time to time that is :cool: )
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top