Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certain forum members have been abusing the forum rules and using the forum to sell their products. This is specifically against the rules.

If you have personal items to sell, place an ad for the item(s). Once the item is sold, please remove your ad.

If you are peddling wares that you buy to resell or make to resell, consider buying advert space with MTBR. The side ads and banners. Contact Gregg Kato. His email is off the main page at the bottom. If the financials for ad space doesn't work for you, consider another venue to sell goods other than MTBR.com

Users are not allowed to place ads, or suggest items for sale in their signatures. You can point to your MTBR ad via your signature. Again, once the item sells, please do the right thing and remove it.

Repeat offenders will be given a private warning, then public warning, then banned.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rensho

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
Haven't looked yet but this should be stickied into every forum for awhile I think.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mattias_Hellöre said:
Rensho: is my signature not good ? I will remove it asap.
If you're referring to this, "Experimental Prototype", we're OK with that. Thanks for asking.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,491 Posts
rensho said:
If you're referring to this, "Experimental Prototype", we're OK with that. Thanks for asking.
what about 'weaksauce' - did you place an ad for that? :skep:
I'd like to get some

·
Registered
594 Posts
Rensho

I guess maybe I'm guilty. I thought as long as I bought add space on MTBR.com I was OK.

I am working on a new bike and I have a 'almost one of a kind' uber light Ti stem that may not be the right size. I may want to sell it. It's the kind of thing someone on the WW forum would probably really like but not go looking for in the classifieds. If I put my classified in my signiture and promise to remove it when (or if) it sells is that the right way to bring it to the community's attention?

Thamks

·
Registered
88 Posts
So if we buy an ad in the classifieds section we are allowed to make a post about it in one of the forums? Or how does that all work when I see those "Paid Spam" posts

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bensf said:
So if we buy an ad in the classifieds section we are allowed to make a post about it in one of the forums? Or how does that all work when I see those "Paid Spam" posts
The mods don't promote people opening SPAM ads after they buy an ad in classifieds, but they look the other way and lock the thread.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rideandshoot said:
I guess maybe I'm guilty. I thought as long as I bought add space on MTBR.com I was OK.

I am working on a new bike and I have a 'almost one of a kind' uber light Ti stem that may not be the right size. I may want to sell it. It's the kind of thing someone on the WW forum would probably really like but not go looking for in the classifieds. If I put my classified in my signiture and promise to remove it when (or if) it sells is that the right way to bring it to the community's attention?

Thamks
You do any of these things once, it is not a big deal.

We have issues with people running their business on free advertising through their forum posts and signatures. That's what MTBR is uniformly trying to clamp down on.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,491 Posts
rensho said:
You do any of these things once, it is not a big deal.

We have issues with people running their business on free advertising through their forum posts and signatures. That's what MTBR is uniformly trying to clamp down on.
I will add something just because they (mods) can't really say "Yes, do that" and then it opens several cans of worms that have legs and they own guns and sh!t.

If ya got a fork for sale, a signature of "'08 32 Talas RLC" with a hyperlink will never raise an eyebrow. You don't have to say "for Sale" - most every one will 'get' that.

Post Counts DO matter:
If you own a line of shoes, post often about drive-train issues (let's say) and you have never really spoken about them, droppin a line or two about yer stuff is no biggie.Conversely, having 5 posts and 3 of them are about your shoes(even in a round about way) is a flag of the spam nation.

People like FBinNY, and isuckatriding (<~~kinda fukked - look it up) promote their stuff without even saying a word. Others will stand for them....Why? because they contribute. That's the key..
Speakin of which, I have a case of otter pops that I'd sell for $12 - hit me up!

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
Yep... I'm take a wild guess that Jake was also reporting the badly disguised for sale "info" posts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts