Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I believe they went a little far in some of those situations, such as the one guy they were ticketing and then about 10 others showed up for back up, but I don't see a problem with ticketing bicyclists for not following traffic laws. Especially with all the people that were riding in the group if they didn't stop at red lights it would cause a traffic problem that no one wants. The people in the video were making a stink about stopping at red lights. If you ask me it is only smart to stop at red lights and to obey traffic laws for both cyclist and driver safety.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Another thing to consider is that they said that its been peaceful on other rides without any problems. Maybe the people on this massive group ride were taking this a little too far and causing problems so the police had not choice but to crack down and get these riders under control. They way they were talking trash about having to stop and breaking up their massive group seems to me like they were gettting a little too comfortable. When you start infringing on others trying to get around and use the roads then there has to be something done.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rover Nick said:
Simple solution. Move somewhere else if you don't like it here.
I got a better one for you "think before you open your mouth!"

This has nothing to do with moving elsewhere, as you suggest. However, it's obvious that your inclination to compliance and conformist mentality wouldn't allow room for any other alternatives, much less the notion of manifesting a disagreement with the status quo.

So line up, go ahead, blindfolded join the herd.

BTW to whoever said this was political, you have better shoot a fish in barrel, cuz otherwise you stand no chance. You missed the point.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Basically you should ride in the bike lane....if you ride in a huge group blocking traffic then you should get ticketed for going to slow....I would hate to behind the riders trying to get somewhere

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
We do some pretty big cruiser rides here but over the years we've learned to just follow the basic rules. Everyone has a light and we stop at red lights, even if the group gets split up. We just wait for the light to change and regroup, no big deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.