Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 31.8mm PNW Range bars on my older bike and a really like them. My new bike is a 35mm setup and is overly harsh and I'm looking to swap out the bars with the 35mm version of the PNW bars, or changing out the bars and stem for a 31.8mm combo to help dampen the chatter (I prefer alloy over carbon).

Does anyone know if the 35mm version of the PNW Range bars are significantly stiffer than the 31.8mm?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended going with the 31.8 bars and have no complaints. I can only compare back to the stock 35mm bars and stem that came with my SJ, and the new bar and stem combo is way less harsh. But it’s a combination of factors, smaller diameter, more sweep and cushier grips (PNW Loams).

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I second your questio.
I have a Pivot Trail 429 on order, it comes with 35mm bars. Wondering if I The bike shop to put in different bar and possibly different stem and if it would be worth it.
I took the 35mm off my Pivot 429 and sold the parts----easy----and went to aluminum 31.8 and much happier with that setup---35mm was way too stiff for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.