Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
TRACKDADDY
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than the Cascade Cream Puff 100 and 24hrs Round the Clock are there any other endurance races in the Washington State, Oregon, or Idaho areas? Specifically in Washington State?? I live in Seattle and I am surrounded by some of THE best mountain bike riding in the country and yet there are no 100 milers that I know of?!? I am a singlespeeder and due to a broken tib/fib I will be rehabing riding a geared hard tail. I understand that organizing and throwing any kind of race is a substantial undertaking. I was involved in the planning of the 11th annual Cycle Messenger World Championships in Seattle in 2003. And I know the pain and anguish involved in getting permits and paying for insurance obtaining sponsors blah blah blah.... But as endurance racing seems to be gain in popularity it will only be a matter of time before some kind of event NEEDs to be hosted here in Washington State! I have always thought in light of all of the dedicated single speeders here in WA and OR a Pacific NorthWest Single Speed Championship/beer fest would be a HUGE hit or a Triple Crown Endurance race Sun top/Cyrstal/Dalles Ridge/Palisades/Noble Knob/Skookum Flats?? over 10,000ft of elevation 65miles plus ??? Any ideas contact me Brandon Lockwood [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.