Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm chomping at the bit to get on my new rig.
Anyone up for an early one tomorrow? 5:30 or 6 start time?
Start at 40th st or 7th Street, doesn't matter to me. I've got to be back to the parkinglot by 7:15 though to get to work.
Post up, let me know....

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTH does whtr mean?
Rig. You know, like big rig, oil rig, fishing rig. I always thought it was slang for machine or vehicle.
Anyway, I bought an '11 Giant Reign 1 yesterday.
Thanks for the invite, but I have plans tonight, gonna go in the morning.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you can't make it. Paying the bills sucks.
I was riding a '09 Giant Trance X3. It was an XL which is too big for me, and I got a good deal on the large Reign.
Only 15 more hours!!!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the Reign may weigh less!
Going from an XL to a L, and the component group is better as this is a Reign 1 vs a Trance X3; lower numbers are better. When I was changing out seatposts last night, it was amazing how much heavier the Trance's Raceface Ride XC post was compared to the Reign's Giant contact.
(Who really cares, I have a KS 950 dropper) You get the point though.
Ridng around the block today getting the shocks set up, it is amazing in the different feel of the bikes. I always felt like I was sitting way up high above the Trance, and now I feel more in the bike, kinda like how people describe the feel of a 29er.
Can't wait for the morning.

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
I think the Reign may weigh less!
Going from an XL to a L, and the component group is better as this is a Reign 1 vs a Trance X3; lower numbers are better. When I was changing out seatposts last night, it was amazing how much heavier the Trance's Raceface Ride XC post was compared to the Reign's Giant contact.
(Who really cares, I have a KS 950 dropper) You get the point though.
Yeah, I forgot about the size difference and the better components. I was just thinking generally but that'll be sweet if it's lighter AND more capable. Have fun and I'll see you out there some time...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know right? Started at 5, wow was it nice! Need to tweak the fork settings a little more, but this bike kicks a55! Gonna do it again tomorrow morning at 8.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.