Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,so i have a sherman breakout,with an PM brake holder,and a magura louise fr with an long legged IS holder...How can i make this work?
are there adapters for this situation?

Thanx!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Go to the magura site, and download the manual for your brakes. It shows the adapters and coresponding rotor sizes. With Maguras wierd sizing things get a little odd however, and I dont think you can make that rotor work with the 210 rotor. That caliper should fit a 180mm front rotor directly. The mount to fit to a post mount fork (shimano and magura both make them) will add 20mm..requiring a 200mm rotor (something that is pretty non-standard).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can figure something out,i mean,when i have room for 200,ill add a couple of spacer to the fork mount,ond thats it...tnx!

EDIT:

ok,i have found some magura adapters on their site,but all of them say short legged caliper...
will this work with the long legged?
adapters are 17 and 3.

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
On magura's website they have a chat room also where you can ask. For some reason it was confusing to me to adapt a 51mm IS to a 74mm PM. Finally I just called Magura and 5s later I had it. I had to size up in rotor size also. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.