Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is a question. I have been riding a mountain bike seriously for about a year. I started with a hardtail and now have a Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe '08 model. I love my bike and really like the way it climbs. I rode my friend's Ellsworth Epiphany this weekend, we switched up while riding the McKenzie River Trail in Oregon.

I noticed a couple things different about his bike. His ride seemed way more plush than mine did and we are close to the same weight. I also noticed his seemed to bob more than mine when he was climb (though that could be the way he rides).

My question is, does that type of a suspension setup with the shock perpendicular to the ground lend itself to more of a plush ride than the Fisher setup, with the shock almost parallel to the top tube. I am trying to understand the different frame/suspension setups. Any thoughts?

Thanks. jim

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
twelve34 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is a question. I have been riding a mountain bike seriously for about a year. I started with a hardtail and now have a Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe '08 model. I love my bike and really like the way it climbs. I rode my friend's Ellsworth Epiphany this weekend, we switched up while riding the McKenzie River Trail in Oregon.

I noticed a couple things different about his bike. His ride seemed way more plush than mine did and we are close to the same weight. I also noticed his seemed to bob more than mine when he was climb (though that could be the way he rides).

My question is, does that type of a suspension setup with the shock perpendicular to the ground lend itself to more of a plush ride than the Fisher setup, with the shock almost parallel to the top tube. I am trying to understand the different frame/suspension setups. Any thoughts?

Thanks. jim
Did he have more sag than you did? Did you have your shock in the Propedal setting?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure where he set his sag, mine is what the manufacturer recommended. I am using the comparison of mine out of propedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts