Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
601 - 612 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
For slaying bikeparks at high speed with no squirm and durability no you don't want plus tyres, for trail riding on rough terrain at moderate speeds yes plus tyres offer greater ride quality.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
thats completely wrong, it offsets the curve!

View attachment 1925767

" In other words[...]you would have to put more than 17.5kg force on the end of the fork tube to create any movement at all. "
Your graph shows what I said though! lol

Offsetting the curve = a fixed amount more force with the exact same curve. Like the graph shows.

You're past zero travel or you're not riding a bike, so theres no threshhold breakaway force.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Offsetting the curve = a fixed amount more force with the exact same curve. Like the graph shows.

You're past zero travel or you're not riding a bike, so theres no threshhold breakaway force.
You're not past zero when the wheels have been unweighted long enough for top out to occur. Not sure how often that happens outside of jumping/drops though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 · (Edited)

3 pages later and you still think we are talking about the shock after sag, we aren't, we are talking about near top out, when the suspension extends into a deep rut etc etc.. that thing you notice if you have no top out bumper in your fork when it fully extends is top out, the same thing happens at the back end of the too. If you are getting air momentarily say on step downs at speed it can occur there also.. there is many situations especially at speed where suspension can top out or get close to it.... Or simply as I stated when the riders mass is not in sync with the bike, say you ride up a coaster fast and the wheels extend on the other side of the coaster before you body mass has had time to catch up and transmit full weight through the pedals... You know that feeling when your stomach goes funny when going fast over a big hump, hill in the car or on a rollercoaster??? That's because your stomach can't keep up with the rest of you strapped to the rollercoaster, the same thing happens with bikes..

·
Registered
627 Posts
im going so fast my suspension doesn't extend into the ruts

Seriously, what's the point of arguing about how a spring works when you haven't even established what you want it to do. Do you really think ideal suspension performance means the suspension deflects 1:1 with all obstacles you encounter?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 · (Edited)
im going so fast my suspension doesn't extend into the ruts

Seriously, what's the point of arguing about how a spring works when you haven't even established what you want it to do. Do you really think ideal suspension performance means the suspension deflects 1:1 with all obstacles you encounter?
I don't know how you have reached that conclusion from any of the above posts...where does anything about what has been said relate to wanting a 1:1 ratio of bump to shock travel? Please show me the logic by quoting any of the above posts to how you came to type this comment... Honestly I don't get forums, it's like a case of too many cooks spoil the broth...everyone seems so damn bloody confused about what's going on...adds their two penny worth and it ends up turning into a **** show.

Besides with no amount of travel or soft spring you can't ever have 100% bump absorption.. basic physics, every action has an equal and opposite reaction n all that.....

Or tell a lie you can with this :ROFLMAO:

601 - 612 of 612 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.