Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for what plugs to run in the Niner Carbon Flat Top? The plugs I have around are all too big for the inner diameter of the bar.

I have a set of Ergon grips I was trying to run on these bars...the Ergon plugs seem to be designed to offer some internal support to offset the clamping force of the grip clamp. But these are also way too big to fit in the Niner bar. Are the Niner carbon bars up to the task of supporting a clamp without any added internal support?

·
Ergon Bike
883 Posts
canyonrat said:
Any suggestions for what plugs to run in the Niner Carbon Flat Top? The plugs I have around are all too big for the inner diameter of the bar.

I have a set of Ergon grips I was trying to run on these bars...the Ergon plugs seem to be designed to offer some internal support to offset the clamping force of the grip clamp. But these are also way too big to fit in the Niner bar. Are the Niner carbon bars up to the task of supporting a clamp without any added internal support?
Plug will likely need to be trimmed. The plugs offer NO reinforcement protection. If you want a reinforcement plug, check out our LS100. In the mean time check this out....

Jeff K
Ergon USA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.