Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Swagman Sitkka 2 which is 2 years old and one of the ratchet posts sheared at the base. I suspect this is due to driving rough roads to get to trailheads. I contacted customer service to inquire about a replacement part and they immediately responded offering to send me an entirely new rack. Since the Sitkka has since been discontinued, they offered me my choice of 3 different comparably price racks.

Can't be that level of customer service.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Awesome news. Do you have a phone number and contact for future reference? Bummed to hear the Sitkka 2 was discontinued. I thought it was (is) a great, rack.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome news. Do you have a phone number and contact for future reference? Bummed to hear the Sitkka 2 was discontinued. I thought it was (is) a great, rack.
I filled out the contact form including a pic of the damaged part and got a response within 1 day.

The replacement rack is of a similar design as the Sitkka 2, except the tire trays are aluminum and the ratchet post is a significantly beefier, singular unit that supports both bikes vs. having two individual ratchets. It also came with a fairly stout cable lock.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I too,have a swagman rack. Broke a part and found it relatively easy and painless to get a replacement from them in short order

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.