Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Now that I've spoken to Ventana's powder coater, and he'll do my frame, I was wondering about this 'Elect Super Dust' color. Is it black, charcoal, ? with a bunch of metallic in it? How does it look?
I have a black eggshell front triangle with a polished rear pc now, and I want to upgrade to the best finish out there! Red's nice too. If you could post a pic, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man...

Rekker said:
This post convinced me that super dust was the way to go:cool:
Thanks for the link. Beautiful. Is there much sparkle in the sun and is it silver?
SB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Spongebob said:
Thanks for the link. Beautiful. Is there much sparkle in the sun and is it silver?
SB
Someone else will need to comment on that as I've not seen mine yet. It's still a work in progress.

This waiting is driving me crazy!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
Spongebob said:
Thanks for the link. Beautiful. Is there much sparkle in the sun and is it silver?
SB
Superdust is cool - kind of a gunmetal gray in low light. Lots of metallic sparkle in the sun.

Here are some pics of mine:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
Spongebob said:
Hi,
Now that I've spoken to Ventana's powder coater, and he'll do my frame, I was wondering about this 'Elect Super Dust' color. Is it black, charcoal, ? with a bunch of metallic in it? How does it look?
I have a black eggshell front triangle with a polished rear pc now, and I want to upgrade to the best finish out there! Red's nice too. If you could post a pic, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SB
Here's mine. I was very tempted by the red, but the Superdus (grey) won instead, and I'm very happy with it.

Image 1 - Just basic front pic. The paint doesn't really show off here.



Image 2 - Side Pic. Shows the whole frame.



Image 3 - The money shot. The sparke that can be seen in this picture. It's the closest to what it really looks like outside.



JmZ

Scarlet and Grey were really the only two choices I had. ;)
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
i really, really dig your setup.....looks VERY fast my friend.

literally the only thing you need now is the headbadge :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
FoShizzle said:
i really, really dig your setup.....looks VERY fast my friend.

literally the only thing you need now is the headbadge :)
Thanks,

Been off the bike for a few weeks now due to a broken collarbone... and fighting a new malady.... upgraditis.

The new brake levers are already on the way, the new wheels are already built in the basement. I think I've been able to keep it at bay since... I've resisted the urge to go shopping for new rotors (those hopes look nice) lighter eggies, new fork, new cranks, and maybe even new brakes. All in the quest to try and get under the 25 pound mark, on a scale - not just paper.

Before the break (both figuratively and literally) I wasn't concerned about upgrading the bike... just riding the bike. It's definitely an illness too. :)

JmZ
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
JmZ said:
Thanks,

Been off the bike for a few weeks now due to a broken collarbone... and fighting a new malady.... upgraditis.

The new brake levers are already on the way, the new wheels are already built in the basement. I think I've been able to keep it at bay since... I've resisted the urge to go shopping for new rotors (those hopes look nice) lighter eggies, new fork, new cranks, and maybe even new brakes. All in the quest to try and get under the 25 pound mark, on a scale - not just paper.

Before the break (both figuratively and literally) I wasn't concerned about upgrading the bike... just riding the bike. It's definitely an illness too. :)

JmZ
upgraditis? not sure what you are talking about

and hope you feel better soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Spongebob said:
Hi,
Now that I've spoken to Ventana's powder coater, and he'll do my frame, I was wondering about this 'Elect Super Dust' color. Is it black, charcoal, ? with a bunch of metallic in it? How does it look?
I have a black eggshell front triangle with a polished rear pc now, and I want to upgrade to the best finish out there! Red's nice too. If you could post a pic, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SB
This is what it looks like in the sun (or under the digital flash).

Will she turned me into a newt!
 

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top