Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew when Pliny The Younger would be out. I was going to ask here since there are so many enthusiasts, but went to the RR website first and found this:

"We are releasing Pliny the Younger on February 4, 2011! Due to the overwhelming turnout last year, we have made a few changes to enable more beer enthusiasts, like yourself, as well as our regular customers to enjoy some Younger! It will be available on draft in 10oz. pours at our pub from February 4th-17th. We will allocate a certain number of kegs each day in order to last the full 2 weeks. Our employees will not know how many kegs they are getting each day. And they won’t know when we might run out. In addition, there will be NO GROWLERS. The only way to get it to go is in your tummy!"

Thought I'd post for all who care...

Cheers!

Chuck

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
Can't you guys read? Habla Engles?
Leo y entiendo, pero esto suena mejor

From a local bar's website:

Beginning at 3:14pm, while beer lasts.
Damnation Strong Golden Ale, 7.0% abv
Redemption Blonde Ale, 5.05 abv
Rejection Belgian Inspired Black Beer for Valentine's Day, 6.1% abv
Consecration Aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels, flavored with currants, 10.0% abv
Pliny the Younger Limited once-a-year release, triple IPA, 11.0% abv
Blind Pig IPA A *SF bar* favorite, always on tap, 6.0% abv

·
Registered
473 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
Can't you guys read? Habla Engles?
russianriverbrewing.com/pages/blog.html said:
Following are the markets to which we will send Younger (same as last year):

San Francisco
East Bay
North Bay
Southern California
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Colorado
Philadelphia, PA

I don't know when exactly they will receive it or where exactly it will be available. We entrust our distributors to allocate appropriately to their accounts! And we are not making any more than last year, so it will likely be available at the same places.
Believe it or not, I read better than most. <3

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Ryan G. said:
Leo y entiendo, pero esto suena mejor

Beginning at 3:14pm, while beer lasts.
Damnation Strong Golden Ale, 7.0% abv
Redemption Blonde Ale, 5.05 abv
Rejection Belgian Inspired Black Beer for Valentine's Day, 6.1% abv
Consecration Aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels, flavored with currants, 10.0% abv
Pliny the Younger Limited once-a-year release, triple IPA, 11.0% abv
Blind Pig IPA A Pi Bar favorite, always on tap, 6.0% abv
When it comes to PTY, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

PM me the info hombre.

fc

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Alas I have to work today so I will probably miss out on the younger. But I do have a group of friends who will be going there and bringing me back some other bottles of other delicious tastiness.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
I know two places in the east bay that are getting kegs. If anyone knows a place on the peninsula, I'll share my info. Send a PM.
Mike said the line went around the building at RR. crazy. i'll try another day. like tomorrow. :D

·
~~~
2,036 Posts
I think it's way over hyped now. I've tried a lot of pretty good food and drinks, and IMHO, with so many good options these days, nothing is worth more than a 20 minute wait in line. That's not to say I've never waited longer, but it's usually not worth the time invested. PTY craze is getting up there. Like Beanie Babies.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts