Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to mention that we wanted to grow the ebike forum and allow great discussions, especially on products.

New moderator is mtbbiker and myself for now at:

https://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=241458

We'll have some guidelines that we're refining. Something like this:

· Ebike forum is for generating a positive experience, no drama or trolls.
· This section is for discussion of ebike, ebike specific accessories, stories or what's new in the OEM.
· Let's talk about legal only trails. Any talk about illegal riding can be deleted at moderators discretion
· Any post about derestricting/modifying software will be deleted.
· OEM bike discussion and technologies is the key target (Specialized, Giant, YT, Trek, Focus, Pivot, etc…). Add-on motors, limit discussions to under 1000 watt varieties
· Threads started to purposefully incite other users will be deleted.
· If you cannot tell a difference between a motorcycle and class 1 or 2 ebike, please don't post.

Thank you for your support!
fc and craig aka mtbbiker

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome new moderators! I am very happy to have you here. Being a member and supporter of mtbr for many years, and since last month a e-bike owner and addicted, it will be a releaf to be able to talk about it here.
This forum has been severly harassed by interests that stand out of the reality of many members and of the mountain bike riding community ,and should be kept out of the discussion.
People all over the world look here seeking for consistent bike related information and e-bikes are right now the fastest growing branch and it was a shame the way it was beeing moderated.
Best regards

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Welcome and thanks. It is nice to have our corner to simply discuss tech, innovations, evolution, etc...for legal Ebikes. Where i live 20 mph/32kmh is max and plenty for me.

·
Co Springs
2,414 Posts
Welcome new mod mtbbiker and related e-bike subject / criteria etc...

Rode with some of my regular rider buds a week ago and my first ride with one on an e-bike. One of the guys just got his new Levo and later claimed the only time he actually pedaled was when he was in our sights - lol.
I don't blame him for wanting to give it a good test of power and battery life to get some baseline on performance and such. Everyone with that level of sophisticated technology should want to become quickly versed on features and getting the most out of it. I'm thinking he went $5000 plus $$ for a spare battery.

·
Fatbiker Fatbiking
1,651 Posts
Welcome, welcome! Looking forward to how the forum progresses under new managment. With hope, alot of the ebike owners who left due to just how things were here, will make their way back in due time.

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
This is my favorite rule: If you cannot tell a difference between a motorcycle and class 1 or 2 ebike, please don't post.

I've been a long time member and for the last year or so I took an interest in following/posting in the ebike forum. It's sad how trolls came in to this forum and derailed/bullied fellow members. The troll posts will be deleted ASAP and continued repeat trolls will be banned.

Please if you see the trolls, hit the report icon or send me a PM and I'll respond within a day or less!

Thanks mtbbiker

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
Should be a different site, it is not the same sport.

And why can you talk about modding a bike but not about modding an e-bike?

Everyone is this forum claims they are same thing, you know like disc brakes over calipers.
That's your opinion and nothing is wrong with it.
We can talk about modifying ebikes, just not de-restricting them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I like the forum rule set and hope to visit more often. We all know in the past that threads would drift into less than positive directions all the time and that shouldn't be fun for anyone. Thanks to all for bringing this about.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like the forum rule set and hope to visit more often. We all know in the past that threads would drift into less than positive directions all the time and that shouldn't be fun for anyone. Thanks to all for bringing this about.
Yeah, it was pretty bad, but the garden weeded itself to what it is now. Replacing natural selection with legislation can weaken the average intellect and put question marks around the accuracy and integrity of the forum.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Absolutely. It's going to be up to you guys to post and keep the place positive and productive. And if folks who left come back, that would be a big deal.

I kind of left too and I apologize for that. It was a little hard to take.

But I'm here to stay. I've had 8 years experience with ebikes and I've tried over 20 models.

I'll do a forum write-up on the Decoy-Levo-Shuttle compar-o for penance. :)

·
XC iconoclast
Church of Real Metal
2,198 Posts
This is my favorite rule: If you cannot tell a difference between a motorcycle and class 1 or 2 ebike, please don't post.

I've been a long time member and for the last year or so I took an interest in following/posting in the ebike forum. It's sad how trolls came in to this forum and derailed/bullied fellow members. The troll posts will be deleted ASAP and continued repeat trolls will be banned.

Please if you see the trolls, hit the report icon or send me a PM and I'll respond within a day or less!

Thanks mtbbiker
Thank you fc and others for this, it seemed like this forum was a punching bag for non-ebikers to take their frustrations out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.