Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm staying at Melbourne, Fl. Yesterday I had my first ride.... borring, a quick spin around the neighborhood and no dirt.

I need any trail, single track, dirt road, ANYTHING please!!!!!!

I can get to the location by car so it can be not so close

Also need a good bike shop and by the way, I'm at wickham. (exit 191, I-95)

Anyone nows something?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
59 Posts
How far are you willing to drive? I'll say that you're probably an hour away from the Jones East Trailhead (Called Snowhill on the Trail Review). Take 95 up north to S.R. 46 (exit 223) head toward Sanford. (You'll be driving for a while up this road you'll know you'll be ready for your next turn when you see that you're in Geneva) Take a left at S.R. 426 (There's a light and a Handy Way gas station) and then turn left (about a mile down) at Snowhill rd. going toward Chuluota/Oviedo. The trailhead should be to the right not too far after you cross the bridge that goes over the Econ River.

This trail is kinda boring and sugar sandy for the first few miles, it gets more interesting when it branches off close to where it connects to the Florida trail. (Watch out for horse poop around that area.) It's a lot of fun where the trail runs along the river.

From what I understand, Tampa has some awesome riding. I've never been out there to go riding, but I am guessing that you are about 2 1/2 hours away from that area.

I don't know of anything closer to you. But that's my two cents.

Cheers,
dg

·
Registered
388 Posts
dirty girl nailed it

If you are willing to drive to Tampa area, we have fun stuff! Check out Alafia, TOE, Boyette and Carter Road in the trail review section. Sorry I don't know anything closer.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,219 Posts
Wickham park burned. I wouldn't bother with that.

A good bike shop would be Revolutions Cyclery in the Winn Dixie shooping plaza on Wickham Road in Suntree. I used to work at the south Melbourne location though so I am biased towards that shop :)

Snowhill is probably going to be your best bet. There is also Turkey Creek in Palm Bay but you might as well just go to Snowhill.

If you don't mind a day trip go to Santos. It's in Belleview and is probably about a 2 hour drive from N Melbourne.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
try the Little Big Econ St. Forest (i think this is the place dirty-girl was talking about). Econ is about 30 min from Melbourne and its a good bit closer to you than Santos or Reddick. The trails are pretty decent lots of roots, logs, and small hills. Wickham park did burn a while back but you can still ride there. Your minutes from Wickham park so you might as well give it a try.

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/little_big_econ.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Melbourne.. The trails I frequent are Snow Hill....Spruce Creek...and Ft.Pierce. They are all one hour and fifteen minutes away from Melbourne. We are kinda in the middle of them all. For the longer haul there is Ocala's Santos trails at about two hours drive time. Wickham Park was fun for a local ride but it is crap now since burning. The Park Mgrs are crap too. They won't/don't want to help us do anything that has to do with trails and mountain biking. Sad.......Personally I drive to Ft. Pierce a lot because that trail is just so much fun. Technical and challenging but fun! Check it out or email me. I usually ride mornings and work afternoons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts