Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to buy a IRC mythos XC and IRC Serac, standard tires, and plan to set them up with Stan's. If I have a UST tubeless rim, to I need the "kit" that comes with the Stans, which brings the rim strips etc..., or do I just need to buy the tires and the actual goop itself...

PLEASE HELP ME with this, I know a lot of you are using stans..

PS, if I do need another rim strip/ tape, etc., is there any cost friendly substitute I can use to not be forced to buy the $60 kit from stans???

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
moose8500 said:
I am just about to buy a IRC mythos XC and IRC Serac, standard tires, and plan to set them up with Stan's. If I have a UST tubeless rim, to I need the "kit" that comes with the Stans, which brings the rim strips etc..., or do I just need to buy the tires and the actual goop itself...

PLEASE HELP ME with this, I know a lot of you are using stans..

PS, if I do need another rim strip/ tape, etc., is there any cost friendly substitute I can use to not be forced to buy the $60 kit from stans???
All you would need is sealant. If you experience any burping issues, you can order the strips seperate later on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nevermind, I just found it on notubes.com, thanks anyways.... On the issue you mentioned, burping, if I plan on running the tires at fairly high PSI that minimizes the chances of burping right? Burbing is more likely when you're runnin ghte tires squishy right?

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
moose8500 said:
nevermind, I just found it on notubes.com, thanks anyways.... On the issue you mentioned, burping, if I plan on running the tires at fairly high PSI that minimizes the chances of burping right? Burbing is more likely when you're runnin ghte tires squishy right?
Yes, it's more likely at lower pressures but to me one of the best advantages of running tubeless is being able to drop the pressure for better traction and a more comfortable ride. Your call I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.