Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pics!!!!

I got out to Platte River and took a few Pictures.

1. Is looking towards Louisville.

2.This is back on some of the older trails.

3. This is the singletrack leaving Ruthie's Point. It overlooks the Platte River but was really overgrown so I didn't include a picture.

4. and 5.The Wolf Man crossing the pedestal bridge on YUN 2 and the rock section on YUN 2.

B

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
rode there last month

ignazjr said:
Nice pics, bdiddy. It makes me yearn for the days of yore... Great riding back there.
Unfortunately the new trails in the back and spur off of the horse trails were mildly wet/muddy, so i went back and rode all of the old stuff. The pre-lap where IgnazJ had his infamous dive through the barbed wire fence, went down that with-out injury...suffered up the steep climb back into the parking lot ( damb... i didn't remember that hill being that difficult, and where in the hell did all of that loose rock come from ?) back into the old main trail and had a blast along the never ending crests and valleys that feel so roller coaster like. Down the steep grade into the creek bottom... once i got to the botom of the creek bed, i looked back up and thought just for a second about attempting to go straight back up it....personally i think it was more difficult up the old steps that used railroad ties. Remember those ?

Anyway ... i had a blast, just wish i could have ridden some of the new twisty-tight stuff.

later, Chad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://redbarnbicycles.com/

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
nwmtb said:
Anyway ... i had a blast, just wish i could have ridden some of the new twisty-tight stuff.
It's great stuff. I got to ride it last year and was very impressed. Didn't get to ride it this summer, hopefully on the next trip, whenever that is...

·
Registered
43 Posts
think i'm going up there this weekend. dont know what day or when yet. suggested trails? i'm willing to trade short steep uphill for the fun downhill, but i would rather avoid prolonged climbing.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I almost forgot Salty McGee!

Mike,

All of the trails are good but some are closed from 9am to 4 pm Memorial day to labor day every year. The park offers Horseback riding. The good stash of trails is back behind the loop that that the guided horse rides are on. This would be a good time give a shout out to everybody that has ever done any trail work at Platte. The trails are a little overgrown so watch out for the blind corners.

Does anyone have a map to post? Jesse are you out there?

B

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
i was up there saturday afternoon, right after 4:00. at first i was pretty disappointed in the very loose sand and very stinky poo that that was on the wider trails. then i found some narrower double and single track that was pretty fun. the best stuff i found was near a barbed wire fence, and there were some rusting cars and stuff on the other side at one point- anyone know what im talking about? unfortunately, my crank fell off after only about 45 minutes of riding. i had forgotten my multitool, but i was able to get it back on enough to ride down- using my house key.

next time im going to remember the bug spray and my tool. hopefully i will only need one of them.

side story: as far as the crank falling off, i had just had the owner of a lbs [i wont name it right here, thats another story] tighten it down (tighter than i can get with the 4" of leverage my tool gives) after it had fallen off before. the bike is about 2 months old, and has maybe a dozen rides on it (most on pavement w/ my girlfriend). not very impressed with this lbs, but the good news is that i have found another lbs- monkey wrench cycles (downtown) - and really like that place.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Debaser said:
Here's one. Can it get any more single than this?
Debaser

This the Prarie single track that is right before the Rollar coaster and the gully/YUN2 depending on which turn you take! I didn't get to ride with you the day you took this pic! But I did get plenty o Wenesday morning rides in back it tha day!

B

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The first pic is taken in the gulley. There used to be a reroute but thanks to someone(T.H.O.R. ?) we can ride it from bottom to top! Bridge seems a little sketch the first couple times but it is solid and isn't going anywhere!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts