Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here, and I'm posting because I've tried all over to find some help with my Proflex 856 mountain bike.

Two weeks ago I was riding when my Rear Shock blew out. I took my Proflex 856 to my local bike shop, and they couldnt do nothing for me but give me a website. I've tried emailing some shocks companies(Noleen,Risse) and they havn't responded to any of my emails. I'm dying to get my bike fixed so I can get back to riding with the crew.

I just came across a Noleen shock that I'm thinking about purchasing. The shock is a Noleen NR ATB Rear Shock used on a GT RTS. I was wondering if this shock would work for my Proflex 856? If this shock doesn't fit, does anyone know where I can purchase a shock compatible for a Proflex 856? Please, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Heres a pick of the shock:

https://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/vi...vimgs=Noleen2aa.jpg,Noleen2a.jpg,Noleen2b.jpg

·
In dog years, I'm dead.
1,073 Posts
Essentially, you get little response because that is a really old bike & the company is out of business. Do a google search on Proflex 856 & you'll find some discussion. The gist of opinions on the Noleen shocks is that they are junk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.