Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems many enjoy rims that are 29 or 30 mm.
I am curious, i have an older style 29er with tiny rims, 2.4 in front, 2.2 in rear. I hope to demo some bikes to feel the difference. The 29x3.0 are just not what i am looking for.
Next week demos are starting in my area.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
The new Trek Top Fuel will ship with 2.4s. Knowing that Trek is pretty conservative, I suspect 2.6s will easily fit.

I'll know for sure in July, when mine ships!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I recently switched my 2016 Stache over to 29x26 on 30mm inner rim, its awesome. Still great traction but with firmer sidewall support in the rear tire on a HT feels great and bike just seems to accelerate out of turns much better.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I recently switched my 2016 Stache over to 29x26 on 30mm inner rim, its awesome. Still great traction but with firmer sidewall support in the rear tire on a HT feels great and bike just seems to accelerate out of turns much better.
What about your lower BB? Problems with pedal strikes? MY HT is on 27.5x3.0 and i want to go with smaller tires. My arms are 175 i might switch to 165. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.