Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a 29er 2011 trek gary fisher edition marlin is these a decent bike im looking at the single speed and multi speed im probably going to go with the single speed since i dont do big mountains or trails.

SINGLE SPEED http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/gary_fisher_collection/29er_hardtails/marlinsinglespeed/

MULTI SPEED http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/gary_fisher_collection/29er_hardtails/marlin/

what do you guys think is it a decent bike for the price?
is the hardware decent for the price range?
how is the discs and front shock forks?

thanks
tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant believe 44 people looked at this and only 1 responded..

thanks radical rad, im selling my redline monocog to buy a bigger single speed and i decided to check this one out

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you're not going off road you may consider a full rigid 29er with better specs. Possibly something steel. I hate to see someone pay for a cheap fork especially if they have little use for it.

Like Rad said check CL for something in this price range. I saw a rigid Vassago in the Houston CL in your price range not too long ago. Make sure the bike fits though!

Jeff

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was looking into 29er single speeds. So far this is the best deal i can find for a new bike. At 650msrp you could easily drop 400 on a really nice fork and still have a great bike for not much cash. And the frame is the same as the much more expensive rig so it is very upgradeable. I am looking forward to going single speed. although my chicken legs probably won't like it very much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, im going to us it on trails but i would say only 20 percent of the time but yes i was reading that the fork isnt the greatest but i figure for what im using it on and for it should be fine if i did get one
ill look at the full rigid 29ers

see what is pushing me to make a decision quick is i have a guy that wants my redline monocog 26er so i figured if i can sell that i can go by my 29er but i dont want to rush into just selling it and rush into buying another one right away i havent had any problems with the redline its been great only replaced the seat to a better one and a better freewheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.