Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 2012 ASR-5 Alloy frame. A standard SRAM GXP 68/73 bottom bracket will work, right? As long as I'm asking, there's no way to make a BB30 crankset work on this frame, right? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
You got it, standard 73mm threaded BB. Now way to run a BB30, GXP/external bearing will last longer anyway. If you don't have a fork yet, make sure you go 140mm.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Yacob, I'm trying to get some parts ordered before the frame shows up. I have a 110/140 Talas for it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone is interested, Competitive Cyclist has the '12 ASR5 frames for $799. I ordered mine last week for $999 and just got the $200 refunded.

Most of the parts will be coming off my current ride, all the parts I needed to buy should be in early next week. I'll post a picture once it's together.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea, but it never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no. The price only dropped on the frame with the standard Fox CTD shock, not the Kashima.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frame arrived yesterday. Thursday I'm going to a friends house to install the headset then have it ready to go for the weekend. Only part I'm waiting on is the 12 x 142 thru axle conversion kit. My hubs have a 12 x 135 thru axle. Seems like the 12 x 135 was a short lived standard. I'll post a pic or two once it's all together. Looking forward to riding it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts