Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rode Pleasanton BMX Park and noticed the footprints of a good-sized earth mover.

The 'pro' line the local kids did so much shaping work on this winter/spring is simply gone, scraped right down to flat. The "Leap of Faith", as the groms call it, was turned into a weirdly abrupt tabletop.

There is a lot of dirt ready to be reshaped.

The politics of this place includes at least 1) the local digger kids 2) the local digger adults 3) the city of Pleasanton, and that's probably complicated enough without Norcal-wide forum backseat driving. But I'd like to ask, if anybody here knows, what the plan is for the place?

photo3.jpg

·
is down to roll...
715 Posts
The last official big dig day I remember was in Aug 2011. At least signs were posted asking for volunteers. I'm guessing there were no signs posted near the picnic tables? One upside is that during that dig (multiple weekends), some features were started, tested, then changed. Hopefully the weird stuff will changes. I feel bad for the locals that put in all that work... : (

·
Registered
553 Posts
i heard the city wants safer more table type jumps. my guess the line will be rebuilt similar to lines in years past

·
is down to roll...
715 Posts
I PM'd one of the locals that built up the pro-line and he was aware the changes were coming. At least he wasn't blindsided that his work would be taken down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts