Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's cold here in the land of Fruit. There has been snow on the ground for a longer time than I can ever remember. It's reminding me of my childhood spent at high elevations, the childhood climate that I have tried to escape (I'm over being cold).

To escape the chill factor we decided to pack up the "Runner" and make a run for the desert. I posted about the first ride we did in Phoenix with J and a couple other long time passionites. Unfortunately I forgot my camera on the second ride, so the coyotes escaped my lense (however a friend was able to capture them). But the Sunday ride was a family affair at Papago. D had been riding with Dad at S. Mountain (Desert Classic)and McDowell (Pemberton) and had improved her skills greatly, so she was trying some techy (for her) moves at Papago. The result was a scrape that earned her some bragging rights. I believe she is the only one that drew blood on the trip (besides tiggerrider).

Anyway, enough of the wordy stuff, on to the pictures:

Danielle, still riding after her digger:

The first real mountain bike injury she has ever incurred (yeah, not in focus, my camera is on it's last leg):

Troy playing on the rocks:

And Jordan landing a jump (the timing of the shot wasn't so great):

And two shots from the drive:

So the kids missed two days of school and we enjoyed three full days in the sun with short sleeves (and two days in the car).

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Good stuff Sarah, looks like you all had a good trip down there, I'm definitely jealous. This cold spell we've been stuck in is terrible. Normally I can deal with it by getting the snowboard out but the combo of a really dry and really cold year in SLC really sucks. Looking forward to getting down to Frutee when everything dries out. Also, nice new bike on the other post, did Kevin pick up a new one as well?

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ionsmuse said:
North of Mexican Hat in Utah, some truly exceptional Geology.
Good eye. Yes, it is near Mexican Hat. I have always found those bluffs interesting, but the snow really accentuated the wild geology. My little camera didn't do it justice, but it still gives you a pretty good representation.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
catch22 said:
Also, nice new bike on the other post, did Kevin pick up a new one as well?
Kevins is semi new. Mine is brand spankin' new. A completely different type of bike than what I usually ride, but the familiar geometry a made it an easy transition. I just have to remember how to ride it! :)

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
screampint said:
Kevins is semi new. Mine is brand spankin' new. A completely different type of bike than what I usually ride, but the familiar geometry a made it an easy transition. I just have to remember how to ride it! :)
Is this the first Icarus you've ever had? I find that hard to believe, maybe a few old ones that have been gathering dust for a while? What did Kevin get? It looks like another Icarus but I didn't recognize the red graphics. Sad that I managed to notice that now that I think about it!

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
catch22 said:
Is this the first Icarus you've ever had? I find that hard to believe, maybe a few old ones that have been gathering dust for a while? What did Kevin get? It looks like another Icarus but I didn't recognize the red graphics. Sad that I managed to notice that now that I think about it!
We were both on Icarus' (how do you pluralize that?). Mine is the first I have ever had, I know, I've been so out of it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.