Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a WI Eccentric ENO hub. I didn't have the WI tool, so in order to remove the freewheel I had to take the hub apart to use my ACS freewheel tool. I put the hub back together and now there's a bit of play. WI suggests tapping the bearing in, my LBS suggested tapping on the axle ends and cranking hard on the 4mm bolts. I tried all three of these techniques, and there's still a little play. Not a lot, but there was zero before I started.

Does anyone know how to eliminate this bit of play, or is just a bit of play normal?

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,873 Posts
FishMan473 said:
Does anyone know how to eliminate this bit of play, or is just a bit of play normal?
Is the play at the axle (you can move the axle up/down or side to side), or is the play at the rim when the wheel is bolted to the frame?

If it is symptom #1, the WI suggestions should work.

If it is symptom #2, the play is in bearing. I've had this problem before. Live with it or replace the bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.