Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join me as I (cough-cough) ride the trails in and around the Shell Ridge area today.

I will enter through the Sutherland Dr entrance (Walnut Blvd & Sutherland Drive) around 1:00.

Ride will be as long as possible. For those that don't know the (cough-cough) trails, this will be an amazing learning experience.

jps

·
gimme friction
1,135 Posts
Sounds fun, I've never ridden Shell Ridge.

Unfortunately, I've got work until at least 2:30, wrapping up in Pacheco near 680/4 interchange.

I've got bike-in-truck, and am going to ride, but was looking for something closer to home. Probably either east side Briones or even a road ride from Franklin Canyon through Port Costa, back along the Carquinez shoreline to Martinez.

Some dirt sure would be nice, though...

·
sadly, like the element
400 Posts
Do you happen to have any good suggestions for trail choices at Shell Ridge? I usually just ride from the Sutherland entrance to Borges, around to the water tank, then loop back to Borges and down to Sutherland again via the single track on the side. I haven't had a good day yet, to go real exploring; I'll probably try to do that on Sunday since I have the day off.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do it early!

Leadghost said:
I'll probably try to do that on Sunday since I have the day off.
Do your exploring on single track real early (I mean pre-dawn patrol early) in the morning during the weekends. The trails area is for hikers only and they are very dilligent about keeping bikes off the trails and regulating them to the fire roads only. Also, the area tends to be patrolled by bike cops periodically, so be carefull.

During the weekday's, It may be safe to explore in the mornings, but anytime in the afternoon, you risk getting hassled by hikers and horse nuts. Night riding is an excellent time to explore.

jps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.