Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2286 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been using deity bladerunners for around 5 years now.
Solid pedal, has taken rock strikes and the axles are still true

·
Registered
58 Posts
How is the tmac losing grip?
Ive running the oneup composites with good luck. Have been thinking about going back to the tmacs tho for a nice big platform. Ive had the htc me03t on for a few weeks and now they are in a box. Super light, decent grip, but i wanted a bigger platform.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not sure really, ran the freerider pro's and just got a set of contacts. Did a pin rebuild too. I feel like once in the air I'm not getting as much grab as I did before. It could be that some of the compound changed and it's just not biting as much.

The contacts are mi6 so that is technically the grippiest rubber. The old contacts are s1 which has less grip.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I had the contacts which has the smooth bottom and now the freerider pro with the dots. I don't like the dots because they snag.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Oh wow, didn't even give them a shot on the trail? What pedals did you have before? Have you ridden vaults? Seem very similar but with a different pin layout.

·
MCMXCV
1,308 Posts
Oh wow, didn't even give them a shot on the trail? What pedals did you have before? Have you ridden vaults? Seem very similar but with a different pin layout.
No, I wanted to keep them looking like new so I could sell them.... I currently ride OneUp aluminum and Hope F20s.

I have a neuroma in my right foot that causes me nothing but grief, and I wanted to try the deep dish concave style to see if they helped, but it only made it worse.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Those tilt pedals in orange look sexy. Lighter than tmacs and have concavity front to back and side to side sounds perfect. All at $100 sounds like a great deal. That will probably my next pedal. Ive been on oneup composites. No issues whatsoever. They will continue to last a long time. The only gripe is more concave but hard to do on a thin platform.

·
Registered
17 Posts
am size 12/12.5 (us 46/47) and chance u can recomend me best pedals consider fact i am 6.30 (194cm)and 220lbs ( 95kg) using bike for forest / up/downhills .

budget up to 150$

lmk ty

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,253
One Up Composite Pedal versus Stamp 1 Large from Crank Brothers! This is the juice, larger platform and 30g lighter for the pair. All else, details look about the same, no? Design is more angular, sharper, thinner pedal body, same <$50 msrp retail price. Nice!

Crank Brothers Stamp 1 pedals composite.jpg

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
am size 12/12.5 (us 46/47) and chance u can recomend me best pedals consider fact i am 6.30 (194cm)and 220lbs ( 95kg) using bike for forest / up/downhills .

budget up to 150$

lmk ty
VP Harrier pedals have a nice big platform and I've used them well above your weight. Another good option would be One Up Alloy pedals, which theoretically should last longer due to a bearing over a bush setup.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow, only 4g heavier than the $300 Crank 11 Large pedals. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ...

One Up Composite Pedal versus Stamp 1 Large from Crank Brothers! This is the juice, larger platform and 30g lighter for the pair. All else, details look about the same, no? Design is more angular, sharper, thinner pedal body, same <$50 msrp retail price. Nice!

View attachment 1226041

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,256
2019 been good with the One Up Composite Pedals. For under $50 retail, these have been everything they were advertised. Recommended if +$100 for alloy equivalents are too rich for ya. P.S. The same sized Crank-Brothers-Stamp-11-Pedals with titanium spindles are selling for $300.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It's not just size and weight though. Isn't the oneup a convex oedal vs the stamp being concave ( or maybe flat). The convex is a non starter for me. I don't like the feel of pedals where the spindle area is thicker than the edges. I also don't like $300 pedals though. :p

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,258
Control Tech Lynx Platform Pedals

Anyone have feedback on exactly what Control Tech is up to with the Lynx pedals? The body looks thin, but then there are these "integrated peg design"pad risers coming out from the edges. Are those rubber or aluminum integrated with the pedal body? Control Tech Lynx Platform Pedals photo below:

Control Tech Lynx Pedals.jpg

CNC machined aluminum with triple bearing system
Dimensions: 100mm x 104mm
Spindle: 9/16" CrMo
Weight: 388g
Retail: $84

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
That xpedo does look good. I dont like the thin pins, they stick too much. With such a thin pedal there wont be any real concavity. Really liking the feel of the thicker tmacs. I have the xpedo, ht me03, oneup composites at home and settled on the tmacs. Didnt want to carry that extra weight, oh well. Might wanna try these new xpedos when they come out.

2241 - 2260 of 2286 Posts