Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've been swapping one set of Time clipless pedals between three bikes..lol. I want to get another set of Time pedals and I'm thinking about the Time Z platform clipless pedals. I am thinking that they are for riding with sneakers or clipless shoes but I'm not sure if that is their intended purpose. I would put them on my Monocog for neighborhood riding, store runs, in sneakers and then clip in for trail riding. Is that going to work with these pedals?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
The idea behind having a clipless pedal with a large platform is generally for use when you are either new and need the feeling of the full platform, or for you to have the ability to clip out and use the platform in case you need to put a leg down quickly over a slow technical section. What you might do is buy a set of pedals you like and then look for a plastic platform that clips in to the pedal, giving you the ability to ride with normal shoes and not having the clip jamming in to the ball of your foot ;). Something like this maybe: Platform clip-ons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.