Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic endcap on the end of the spindle on my pedal (Shimano PD-M-515) fell off and I have no idea where I lost it. I'm afriad that dust is gonna get in there and contaminate the bearings. Is there anywhere I can get a new plastic end cap or something simple I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks! I realize this is a dumb question.

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
dinger said:
The plastic endcap on the end of the spindle on my pedal (Shimano PD-M-515) fell off and I have no idea where I lost it. I'm afriad that dust is gonna get in there and contaminate the bearings. Is there anywhere I can get a new plastic end cap or something simple I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks! I realize this is a dumb question.
Several things. And no it's not a dumb question.
Go here: www.mcmaster.com
Check out the plugs on pages 3476-3481. Something there is sure to work. You could probably get something similar at a hardware store, but they will not have near the selection.
You could also try a cork. Possibly from a wine bottle. I got a package of corks from the hardware store and used one to plug the bottom hole in my fork steerer to keep mud out. You can also get corks made of rubber. Will look better.

Or, go to your LBS and have them order you one from Shimano.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.