Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i am planning to build a selma bike,just want to ask some component in this picture ,

hubs front and rear (what brand is it?)

crank set(what model of xtr?)

brake set(what brand and model?)

thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hubs: Hope Pro 2
Cranks: Normal XTR, they've removed the rings in favour of a Salsa ring + guard. Truvativ make some nice SS cranksets (Stylo OCT, Noir).
Brakes also look like Hope from what I can see. I have matching blue Juicy Ultimates on mine. Have fun!

·
Registered
798 Posts
That is correct Phat Slug. Hope, Hope...and more Hope. We had our good buddies over there whip us up some blue ano especially for the show (Interbike). I have seen the blue avids on them as well like what you are running and they are hot!

Bobby
Salsa Cycles

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi guys ,

i need more help,i have an xtr fh-m975 hubs that i am using to my 26" bike,now i' m planing to buy a wheelset for 26",can i use these xtr hubs to 29" rim and run on single cog?what parts do i need ?

thanks!

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Those are the center lock hubs, and you probably have rotors in mind already, so I won't cover that part, but yes- these can be re-laced (If they are laced as 26 inch wheels now) to a good 29 inch (700c- it is the same!) rim. If you want to stick with Salsa products I would recommend the Semi rim. If you are intending to run a tubeless set up, then I would recommend a Stan's Arch rim.

You can get a single speed conversion kit for your geared rear freehub. I recommend a Surly conversion kit that includes spacers and a slick looking lock ring. Get a wide based cog in the tooth count you desire. Again, a Surly cog is great, but lighter aluminum cogs can be had from Niner Bikes, Misfit Psycles, Endless Cogs, and others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts