Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is September a good time?

Does Durango has enough trails that I can just stay at one place and do different loops every day for week?
Are trails marked?

Places to stay recommendations???

All for now, will problably come back with more questions

Thanks

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Search in, and ask for advice over in the Colorado - Western Slope forum.

THEN post up a nice report and some photo's HERE in Passion...

Get the 40º Latitude Map for the Durango Area and then ask then ask yourself; "is this enough for me for a whole week?" My god - the answer will be quite obvious, when you look at the scale of the map and realize a nice 4 hour ride will cover 1/1,000th of the potential routes shown...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Durango Youth Hostel

Durango Youth Hostel is a great place to stay if it's still in operation. I spent a week there in '92 and had a great time. There are trails all over the place.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Blue Sugar said:
Durango Youth Hostel is a great place to stay if it's still in operation. I spent a week there in '92 and had a great time. There are trails all over the place.
Not there anymore ... BUT the new one just opened up!

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
Durango is always a good time.

When I go there, I don't plan. I just go, meet new people out, and wind up wherever all week. Pool halls & the brewery...

As for MTBing, forget it. Durango is Mecca.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
FWIW Hermosa Creek is a nice ride, but really pales in comparison to many others in the area. The sections of the Colorado Trail from Molas Pass to Durango are particularly awesome. Engineer Mtn Trail descent...mmmmm good.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
FWIW Hermosa Creek is a nice ride, but really pales in comparison to many others in the area. The sections of the Colorado Trail from Molas Pass to Durango are particularly awesome. Engineer Mtn Trail descent...mmmmm good.
I would not have been as nice, but the sentiment is correct, if Hermosa creek were the best ride here, I just might move back to the Front Range ... nah, probably not.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
cbrossman said:
I would not have been as nice, but the sentiment is correct, if Hermosa creek were the best ride here, I just might move back to the Front Range ... nah, probably not.
:lol: We're all being nice to a fella known to post witty comments like this one, in all 2 months s/he's been posting here:
smokescrakdaily said:
people that wear spandex like to smoke the pole on a daily basis
What do you figure - 15+/- years old...?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.