Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Ariolimax columbianus
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
depending on the weather, I might wanna ride w/y'all. Maybe the same or similar route we rode Sunday? Where were you planning on starting at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
NS: not sure where you went sunday, but I was thinking something like:
Creekside Terrece to 33/03, 32, 05/5, 75, 42, 49, 50, 49, 44 or 43, goat, 02, Creekside. Maybe grind to couch canyon depending on how optimistic people are.
Anything in the Garrison side, you would need to lead.

Ryan - of course! If nige can make it, need to get roof rack out of storage.
 

·
aka dan51
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
grrrah said:
NS: not sure where you went sunday, but I was thinking something like:
Creekside Terrece to 33/03, 32, 05/5, 75, 42, 49, 50, 49, 44 or 43, goat, 02, Creekside. Maybe grind to couch canyon depending on how optimistic people are.
Anything in the Garrison side, you would need to lead.

Ryan - of course! If nige can make it, need to get roof rack out of storage.
I may be in if PUSH has my fork back to me by then, but I'm doubtful.
After 50 you should climb the other side of 50 do mini moab, 59, other fun stuff, some trails in the mid 20s, come down 60, maybe up 82. Lots of options that are far better than climbing the grind. Nativeson knows the area well and can hook you guys up.

-Dan
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
I may be down. Time? Pace? Mileage? Alt. Gain? Sorry for the questions, but having never ridden there and not being super-fast, I don't want to hold you guys up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fine, instead of couch canyon/Hurl Hill, its 50, 22, 60, 82. Mini-moab if I someone knows the way.
SVSocrates said:
I may be down. Time? Pace? Mileage? Alt. Gain? Sorry for the questions, but having never ridden there and not being super-fast, I don't want to hold you guys up.
umm.. about 20-25 miles, 3k (?) climbing. less than 2 hours at race pace. probably closer to 3-4 hours with Baycat in tow. ;)
 

·
Ariolimax columbianus
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
sorry grrrah I was just trying to write (talk) out loud, I rode there w/timehoc & a few of his friends on sunday. We started @ 8th & Gigling. It's pretty fun to start there because you can ride some of the unmarked singletrack & over to lil moab before heading over towards 50/49. From 49/11 (saddle) you can head over to goat or towards 50 depending on what you (feel) like.
 

·
mmm
Joined
·
952 Posts
nativeson said:
sorry grrrah I was just trying to write (talk) out loud, I rode there w/timehoc & a few of his friends on sunday. We started @ 8th & Gigling. It's pretty fun to start there because you can ride some of the unmarked singletrack & over to lil moab before heading over towards 50/49. From 49/11 (saddle) you can head over to goat or towards 50 depending on what you (feel) like.
yeah the ride was definately suwheet. can't wait to do it again.
 

·
aka dan51
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
baycat said:
Pike PUSH?

Raf. I emailed the funny talking guy, we will see if he is in later today.
I doubt I'll be there. Just got this:
Thank you for choosing PUSH Industries for your suspension service needs. This e-mail is to inform you that we received your shipment. The servicing of your product is scheduled for the next 1-3 business days for forks and 2-4 business days for shocks unless otherwise notified.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as it is automatically generated by our receiving system.

If you do have any specific questions, feel free to contact us at (970) 278-1110, or via e-mail at [email protected].

Thank you,

Sales Team at PUSH
I'm also recovering from a sprained ankle and have a hell of a cold right now. It's a good thing my fork is gone otherwise I would ride before I'm ready too.
You kids have fun.
 

·
Curse you Coe!
Joined
·
214 Posts
Damn you Ord. Why must you call my name! Whyyyy!

nativeson led us on a great twisty ride. Super fun and nothing killer. The start of the ride was windy enough between 8th/Gigling entrance and the middle of the ride that I'd have gotten lost with or without a map (thru aforementioned unmarked singletrack).

Question is whether I want to hit the CX race in Santa Cruz or revisit Ord? Hm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
FYI, if you are going to ride Ft.Ord in or right after rain, may I suggest bringing enough tecnu for a small army. The worst poison oak I ever got was riding there after a rain. The oils from the plant wash off and then float on top of the puddles resulting in poison oak in some really unusual places when you blast through the water and spray it everywhere.
 

·
Ariolimax columbianus
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
Can we start this ride from 8th & Gigling (more singletrack) ? I can lead the group, but the first few miles are unmarked so we would just have to stay close. Start time is up to y'all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about a later start time since some are coming from SF? Maybe meet at 10, start shortly after?

Fine with starting from Giggling, but only if you are sure to show up. If Mike is still a "might", then stick to creekside and we can still hit the garrison singletrack if he shows. Afterall it is singletrack from the start at Creekside too.
 
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Top