Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will likely go to the NORBA Nationals at Mammoth 26 Sept. Having never been there, I'm looking for a place to stay and any other good advice for racing XC there. Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
bozz said:
I will likely go to the NORBA Nationals at Mammoth 26 Sept. Having never been there, I'm looking for a place to stay and any other good advice for racing XC there. Thanks.
Theres a million places to stay in town...from luxury condos to a motel 6...
do a search on google for lodging in mammoth lakes.

As for riding...it will be tought do the the unfamiliar terrain and altitude(depeding on where your comming from). I come from SoCal so the altitudes gets me.
Also the dirt is very loose and sometimes gets deep because its volcanic pumice stuff.
Otherwise Mammoth is awesome!! youll have fun!

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
bozz said:
We've got the village championships runnign right now for the next 7 weeks, with both xc and dh races. xc races are on tuesday nights, adn dh on thursday nights. And yeah, a million places to stay in town.

·
Registered
255 Posts
SocalSuperhero said:
We've got the village championships runnign right now for the next 7 weeks, with both xc and dh races. xc races are on tuesday nights, adn dh on thursday nights. And yeah, a million places to stay in town.
How would I sign for one of the races. Id probably do the XC race. Its in ShadyRest park right?? And how many miles??

Thanks!

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
KamikazeBikr said:
How would I sign for one of the races. Id probably do the XC race. Its in ShadyRest park right?? And how many miles??

Thanks!
Here's the info I got on it. They change the trails each week, and i didn't run last week, so as far as distance goes your guess is as good as mine. I think they run somewhere in the 7-14mile range.

Cross Country Races
Beginner through Expert. Every Tuesday night for eight weeks starting July 13. Held at Shady Rest Park on the far side of the baseball fields, race starts at 5:30 p.m. Everyone who participates gets an entry into our weekly raffle-great bike stuff! All raffle entries are saved to be used in the Grand Prize drawing at the last race of the season, so the more you race, the better your chances of winning!

Downhill Races
Beginner through Expert. Every Thursday night for eight weeks starting July 15. Held at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, races start at 5:30 p.m., but arrive at 5 p.m. for registration. There is a $10 fee to race if you do not have a Bike Park Pass, or $5 if you have a pass. There will be a championship race at the end of September, riders must qualify. Everyone who participates gets an entry into our weekly raffle-great bike stuff! All raffle entries are saved to be used in the Grand Prize drawing at the last race of the season, so the more you race, the better your chances of winning!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Laka Nuki

bozz said:
When I was in Mammoth a few months ago, I 'stayed' at Laka Nuki. Of course, it's a bar and not a hotel, so this might not be the kind of info you're looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.