Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, going down to VA from NJ to take my depressed buddy riding but have no idea where to go. Willing to drive 2 hrs from Norfolk, VA. Any suggestions?

·
Adobo Lover
984 Posts
More-mtb.org is the local club here in northern VA. Richmond has club that could help you out too. Ask about it at the more site. There is one area just up north from Norfolk. I can't think of the name right now. It's inbetween Norfolk and Williamsburg or Williamsburg and Richmond. One of the two. I grew up in Norfolk and started mtbing there. Not much good riding there. If your headed down from NJ, you might want to stop through Northern VA/Maryland for some good rides. Fountainhead, is only 10 minutes from 95 South on Rt 123. 9 mile loop. More info at More-mtb.org.

·
Registered
444 Posts
95Stumpy said:
More-mtb.org is the local club here in northern VA. Richmond has club that could help you out too. Ask about it at the more site. There is one area just up north from Norfolk. I can't think of the name right now. It's inbetween Norfolk and Williamsburg or Williamsburg and Richmond. One of the two. I grew up in Norfolk and started mtbing there. Not much good riding there. If your headed down from NJ, you might want to stop through Northern VA/Maryland for some good rides. Fountainhead, is only 10 minutes from 95 South on Rt 123. 9 mile loop. More info at More-mtb.org.
Freedom Park out in Williamsburg is good, so is York River State Park. They are both about an hour from Norfolk. I haven't ridden there in a while, but I liked it for southeastern VA when I was living there........

-Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts